-57 || joshua-

Joshua felt a little lost. He was back in Korea. He was back to get over Jeonghan, but all he found himself doing lately was thinking about said male.

As soon as he saw Wonwoo walk into the building for the modeling, Joshua didn't want to see Mingyu's reaction of it. He hated to admit it, but he was jealous of Mingyu and Wonwoo. They were soulmates. Joshua didn't have one anymore, and the one person he did love afterward did.

But Jeonghan said him and Seungkwan aren't together, a voice said in the back of his mind. The voice was dangerous and tempting.

Days later, Joshua found himself wandering the street near the teen bar again. He both hoped he did and didn't see Jeonghan again. After twenty minutes, disappointment filled his heart. Jeonghan was no where to be seen.

He made his way to the noodle shop where Chan still worked. He was now a co owner of the store. The younger still remained soulmate-less as he would for the rest of his life, yet he was still happy. Joshua admired him for it.

The bell dinged as he opened the door, and he was welcomed by the spicy scent of kimchi and ramen. A new pop song was quietly playing from the speakers.

"Joshua!" Chan called out, waving wildly from behind the counter like Joshua wouldn't see him otherwise.

The elder grinned and made his way to the cash register. "Hey, Chan. How have you been?" he asked.

Chan shrugged. "Same old. I'm just waiting to get off of work so I can get ready for the bachelor party."

"Bachelor party?"

Chan opened his mouth then closed it again. He furrowed his brows. "Did Junhui and Minghao not invite you?"

Joshua shook his head. "At least not yet, I hope."

The younger smiled awkwardly. "Well, um, if they don't, pretend I didn't say anything."

Joshua laughed. "Don't worry, I won't say anything. I'll take a coke by the way." His phone rang in his pocket.

"Hey," he said, answering the call.

"Finally, I got the right number," Junhui grumbled from the other side of the phone. "I've been scrambling from person to person to get your number, but something always go wrong."

"I'm sorry?"

"You should be," Junhui mumbled. Joshua could tell he was joking. "Anyway, Minghao and I are having a bachelor party, and wanted to invite you. You in?"

The other male almost asked was going to be there, but at last second, decided that he didn't want to know. He would be going to support his friends.

"Yeah. I'm in. Where we meeting?"

"Um, you know the bar near the high school? Meet us there around nine to night."

"Alright, see you later," Joshua said.

"It's a night out, so dress nice but not stuck up nice," Junhui added quickly.

Joshua laughed. "Alright, I got it. See you then."

He hung up the phone then went to turn it off when he saw a notification appear on his screen. He had a news app on his phone that sometimes recommended articles he might be interested in based on what he's read in the past. This one began with:

Yoon Jeonghan and Boo Seungkwan have officially announced . . .

Joshua hesitated a while before he finally clicked on the notification. He'd moved to the side after Chan took his order, so now the younger was working on other orders, paying no attention to Joshua whatsoever.

The full article read:

Yoon Jeonghan and Boo Seungkwan have officially announced that were never truly together like they led us to believe and here's why.

In an interview with Super Entertainment's trainee,  Yoon Jeonghan, he revealed that he and soulmate, Boo Seungkwan, are not the couple they wanted us to think they were.

Here's an excerpt from the podcast:

Jeonghan: "I had my heart broken only a couple hours earlier that day, and I don't know, I was desperate to find my soulmate, but ultimately I was just really heartbroken. So that same night, Seungkwan and I agreed that we'd kiss just to cross another person off the list. We never actually thought we'd be soulmates. It was a surprise for both of us."

Interviewer, Dae: "So, did those romantic feelings develop later then?"

Jeonghan: "They did not. We were both still hung up on other people. We just continued to publicly be a couple because that's what we were told to do. But, due to recent events, we decided to break that image, because that isn't who we are. We don't want to be held down to each other just because it turns out we're soulmates. Our true feelings say differently."

Dae: "Forgive me if this is too personal, but are you still 'hung up' on this other person you speak of?"

Jeonghan: "I am. And I'm hoping that sometime in the future, things between us will change for the better, whether that means we end up together or not."

Dae: "If this person walked through the door right now, what would you say to them?"

Jeonghan: "Actually, I saw them a couple nights ago. They'd just come back from a very long trip. I already told them what I wanted them to hear."

Joshua closed out the article then, his heart pounding rapidly. The conversation quickly played itself over again in his head.

"I missed you," he'd said.

"Seungkwan and I don't love each other," he'd said.

Joshua understood the clear message behind those words now. "I love you," is what Jeonghan had wanted to say.

What was Joshua supposed to do with this? He wasn't even sure where he was supposed to find Jeonghan. Then it hit him. It was likely he was invited to the bachelor party as well.

🌈

The bar was loud and crowded. Most of the noise was coming from his friends' table though.

Joshua couldn't tell what the hell they were doing, but that didn't stop him from walking over and joining them. His shoulders slumped when he realized that Jeonghan was nowhere to be seen.

"Look, Joshua is here," Soonyoung yelled over everyone else, pointing at the newcomer.

"Wanna join?" Mingyu asked, pulling Wonwoo into his lap and making room for Joshua next to him. Wonwoo elbowed Mingyu in the side before turning to Joshua and giving him a welcoming smile.

Joshua sat beside them. Mingyu explained they were playing Truth or Drink.

"Where's Seungkwan and Hansol?" Joshua asked eventually. Seokmin gave him a look like he knew that wasn't actually who Joshua was wanting to know the whereabouts of.

"Apparently, Hansol's soulmate didn't show up for his competition, and Seungkwan did. This would be like fifth time. I told them they should catch up," Minghao told him.

"Jeonghan said he had some sort of surprise so he'd be here soon," Seokmin added.

Joshua nodded, trying to keep his face neutral.

He leaned back sipping on his drink when the DJ grabbed a mic and started speaking. "Hey, guys. So we usually don't do this but apparently, someone here is getting married tomorrow." Cheers erupted soon followed by a spotlight landing on Minghao and Junhui.

"A friend of theirs wanted to perform a song for them. Let's give it up for Jeonghan!"

Joshua's head whipped towards the little stage towards the back of the bar. Jeonghan was sitting on a stool in front of a mic. A guitar rested on his lap. They made eye contact and Jeonghan started singing.

--------------------