-41 || wonwoo-

Wonwoo was floating. He was living what he once considered a nightmare but has now become a dream. It's amazing what a few weeks can do to a person.

Not even remotely tired, he pulled his phone from off his charger and snuggled up beneath the covers.

Wonwoo
Hey

Mingyu responded almost immediately. Wonwoo hadn't been expecting that. He just kind of texted on a whim.

MG♥️
Hey. I'm surprised you texted first.

Wonwoo
I couldn't sleep.
Besides, I thought you'd be asleep by now.

MG♥️
Couldn't sleep either. What you said has been playing on repeat.

He knew exactly what the other was talking about. He contemplated playing dumb, but he knew Mingyu would somehow make him admit it again.

Wonwoo
It wasn't that big of a deal.

MG♥️
You basically said you loved me.

Wonwoo
Did not.

MG♥️
"LOVE of my life"
I think you did 🥰

What was with him and emojis? Why did such a simple image make Wonwoo's heart soar?

Wonwoo
Good night

MG♥️
No come back 🥹

Wonwoo
You should sleep

MG♥️
I would rather talk to you tho
Wanna call?

Wonwoo
It's almost 3 in the morning. We have school in a few hours

MG♥️
If I must remind you, you're the one who texted first 🧐

The phone rang in Wonwoo's hand and he nearly fell out of his bed. He released a sigh before swiping the green call button.

"You had to have known texting me would resort to this," was the first thing Mingyu said.

"I don't know. I'm starting to think texting you might have been a bad idea," Wonwoo replied. He turned on the speaker and set the phone on his pillow.

Mingyu's soft voice came from the device. "Come on, I heard midnight calls are romantic."

"You're such a weirdo."

"I heard from a little birdie that you love this weirdo."

"And? You're still missing the point."

There was the sound of Mingyu shifting and then there was nothing. "Are you still there?" Wonwoo asked.

"You did it again," was the response he got a minute later. "I'm dying here."

"Kim Mingyu--died because he couldn't handle flirting."

Wonwoo could imagine Mingyu alone in his room, face a deep shade of red. The elder felt achieved that he, a virgin in everything romantic, could have that affect on someone. Yes, he's done it before, but this time, it felt different.