Chapter 5 Shokugeki of the Phantom

The next morning, everyone is having breakfast at the diner, but they are missing someone. Megumi asks, "Eh? Where is Soma-kun? Did anyone of you see him?"

"I haven't seen him. Maybe he overslept?" Yuki replies.

"Isshiki-senpai, have you looked for him?" Ryoko asks.

"I have, but he is also not in his room." Isshiki sighs, but he knows where Soma is, after all, he is the Phantom Seat, and he is doing the Shokugeki right now.

On the stage, Soma, who is wearing a black cloak with a white mask, is now standing in front of a person, he is no other than the Number 1 of the Elite 10: Tsukasa Eishi. And at the stands, the whole Elite 10 are watching, except for Isshiki Satoshi.

"As stated in the rules, if I win this Shokugeki, not only I will continue to become the Phantom Seat, but also take over the west kitchen as my own private one." Soma says in a cool tone.

"That's fine by me." Eishi says. "But still...can't you take off your mask every time we do this? I mean, that mask looks quite scary..."

The Elite 10 sighs at what Eishi is panicked about in the end, and in the second seat, Kobayashi Rindo yells, "Come on, Tsukasa! Put it together!"

Erina asks, "So what is the deal with this Phantom Seat? Sounds like he is a mysterious character."

The ninth Seat: Eizan Etsuya, says, "If you don't know, the Phantom Seat is the Number 0 of the Elite Council, he doesn't appear in the meetings, and when he does, he is just like that, wearing a mask and a cloak like that."

The Number 8: Kuga Tenori says with frustration. "Every one of us has been challenging him to a Shokugeki so that we will know who is under that mask, but we always lose to him...I can't believe that he beat me with ease!"

The third seat: Megishima Totsuke says, "Especially we third years have been trying to get a win against him, but he always beat us with ease. Only Isshiki is the closest to win against him with the 4-1, though."

Rindo says, "But this is Tsukasa's first battle against him as the Number 1 of the Elite 10, he has been trying to get his revenge on him for a long time, I am sure that he will definitely win this time."

And in the end, Tsukasa loses the match and the announcer says, "The judges have decided! This Shokugeki was won by the Phantom! This means that he is going to keep his seat as the Number 0 as well as his identity!"

The Phantom just walks towards Eishi and he says, "You have improved a lot, but then again, I'm also improving."

He takes out his hand and Eishi stands back up, he says, "I thought that I would win against you this time, but it seems that I have lost again."

"As part of the deal, not only I won't be showing who I am, but the kitchen in the west is mine." Soma says. "But since you have improved, I'll give you a hint of my identity."

This causes the crowd to be surprised, and Soma says, "What I can reveal is that I was just a Junior High Student when I become the First Elite 0 member."

After that, he leaves swiftly, and the Number 6, Kinokuni Nene, mutters, "So according to the data we have about him, he is now a Grade 1 Student."

The fifth seat, Saito Soumei says, "That really narrows down the people to look for. But...to be able to defeat the whole Elite 10 as a Junior High..."

The tenth seat, Nakiri Erina is now thinking, "So if I am going to be the top, then all I need is to beat that guy...considering he is the same age as me, there will be some times when I meet him in the upcoming events. And I'm going to beat him."