Chapter 45 Vs. Hayama Part 1

Soma walks forward and says, "Hayama, you've got some weird badge stuck on your chest. Did you get your shirt mixed up with somebody?"

Rindo says, "There's no mix up, Yukihira. That guy there is the new member of the Elite 10...Hayama Akira of Central. He's in the temporary 9th seat at the moment."

"That is how it is, Yukihira. I'm the one examining you." Hayama says.

"I was getting happy to see an old face but how annoying. Oi! I have tons of questions to ask you! What happened to Shiomi Seminar in the first place?" Soma asks.

"Oh, that doesn't work out at all. No other private group other than the Central is needed...That's leader Azami's principles. What more can I say?" Hayama says. "And I have a question for you, Yukihira. What have you achieved until now so far? Rebelling because you want to protect the dormitory, didn't your ambition take a huge fall? Where's the ambition you had when you were up against me during the selections, saying you'll be at the top?"

Soma snorts and says, "To think that an opportunity to face you again turns out to be like this..." Soma smirks.

As Erina, Megumi, and Takumi are taken for their own tests, Soma sighs and says, "Even if you say come at me, you haven't told me the theme or the rules yet. If you are looking for a Sokugeki, we need someone to judge."

"That won't be a problem. We've got them all ready." Soma turns around to see Dojima Gin, Fujiwara Ai, and even Qiu Tingmei are there.

"Qiu senpai! Fujiwara senpai! Dojima senpai!" Soma gasps in shock.

"It sure has been a while since the Autumn selection finals huh, Yukihira." Dojima says.

"Though our last meeting was back in the Polar Star dorm." Ai adds.

"Anyway, we will proceed with the rules right away. The theme will be a random pick from the most frequent themes used in the last year's promotion exam. So the theme is bear meat." Qiu says.

"Bear?" Soma asks in confusion.

"Make a dish that "enables one to taste a bear to the fullest" the match will be held four days later, you may spend your time until then preparing for the match. The rooms for lodge and kitchen for practice will be provided, I promise to pick a fair stand of judges for the match. Also, the meat that will be used on the day will be prepared and provided by our side. All other ingredients are to be taken care of by yourselves, that's all." Dojima says.

"Looks like that's it, Yukihira. Surely you won't say no to the challenge?" Akira asks.

"You don't need to look down at me." Soma says, "I haven't used my powers as the Phantom in the Autumn Elections. I am going to use it right now to see who is the strongest of the two of us."

"Well then, don't give up." Hayama says as he leaves.

"Who will be giving up!" Soma yells as he turns to Dojima, "By the way, I know that most of the members of the Golden Age disagree with Uncle Azami's plans, what about you, uncle Dojima?"

"I am neutral." Dojima says. "You don't need to worry."

Fujiwara says, "Anyway, since we are not the judges, so we'll be able to see what Soma-kun is cooking, right?"

Qiu sighs, "We can only help him as the tasters, but not giving our opinions on how to cook."

Soma smiles, "Thank you, senpais. We really need it."

After getting into the kitchen, Soma tries to try out what bears taste like in general, and after tasting it, he feels the aftertaste as the smell becomes unconventional in the end.