Chapter 47 Regiment de Cuisine

After Soma's declaration of trying to take the seats of the Elite 10, Takumi says, "Hold on, Yukihira! To take away their seats, are you going to challenge them to a Shokugeki? Don't be so brazen! Have you forgotten! A Shokugeki can't take place unless there's a mutual agreement. It doesn't matter how much faith we have that we'll win, if we can't even challenge them, there's no point. There's no reason for Central to even consider accepting such a challenge."

"There is something we can do as a wavier." Soma says, "And I'm sure that Uncle Azami will agree no matter what."

"If you are going to find headmaster Azami, he's probably here right now." Rindo says as they turn around in shock. Soma asks, "When have you been standing there?"

"I accidentally heard you trying to take over the Elite 10, which is something very crazy." Rindo says.

"So you mean Father is here at this venue?" Erina asks as they rush out to find him trying to board the helicopter.

"Father!" Erina yells as Azami turns to see the four students.

"What is it, Erina and Soma? Don't tell me that both of you still hanging around those people. In only a few days, all of them will be expelled." Azami says. "Though you had given me a lot of trouble, Soma. To think you would try to take the same tests as those people."

Soma says, "You sure talk about how everything you do is correct. But the fact that we're still here right now just goes to show that your absolute correctness isn't worth a damn. As you see, all of your Central members have never won a match against me because of your teachings in the past. And I'm going to use that into practice. Our group right here against your members to a Shokugeki."

"A full-on match, huh. There simply isn't any merit in me accepting in such a match. I know very well of your strength. So you don't need to prove it to me. Now could you please stop delaying me and let me on my way?"

As Soma is about to retort, he feels a hand rubbing his hair. "Oh man, ever so cold, aren't ya? Nakamura? Don'tcha think you should speak nicer to my precious one and only son?"

Everyone gasps to see Joichiro and Senzaemon, along with the other members of the Elite 10 members of the Golden age, except for Dojima Gin.

"Everyone!" Soma gasps in surprise.

"Hey, Soma, we heard you got your revenge on Shiomi's pupil." Shizuka says.

"You did a great job, we're very proud of you." Dorabu adds.

"Never mind that! Is it you always show up outta the blue?" Soma yells.

"Why are everyone here? Including Grandfather and Saiba-sama?" Erina asks.

"Erina-chan, it's great to see my niece grown so much." Joichiro says. "Sorry to barge in, but we have something to speak to your Dad about, too."

Joichiro turns to Azami and says, "Soma's position, I don't think you should throw it quite yet, you know. So let's make them do it the usual way. A team battle: The Regiment De Cuisine."

Azami says, "Saiba senpai, and the rest of the senpais, it would seem you don't fully understand the situation at hand. Allow me to explain, the moment that I took the headmaster's seat from Senzamon-dono, I had already achieved 90% completion of my plans. Currently, everything else is merely cleaned up. There is absolutely nothing you could possibly offer me that would merit accepting such a challenge."

"Then what about if we lose, we'll pledge allegiance to you as part of your soldiers?" Katsu asks, causing Azami to gasp in shock.

"We'll cast away the ideology and skills we've refined and become the embodiment of the cooking you so wished for." Daniel says.