Chapter 18 Family Showdown Part 2

Now it is Joichiro's turn, and everyone is thinking about what he made. But after he serves the dish, he says, "Please taste it, this is Joichiro's special rich ramen."

Everyone facepalm at the sight of the big bowl of ramen, and Megumi asks, "Ramen? In the morning?"

Qiu looks at the soup and says, "The soup looks a little dense..."

Isshiki thinks, "There are some areas that eat Ramen in the morning. But, of all things, it looks like a think and syrupy seafood soup. For the sleep-deprived Tadokoro and Fumio-san, who's already old, this dish is a bit..."

Katsu chuckles and says, "Well, that's Joichiro for you."

Fumio is a little angry as she stands up, "Good grief! You've always been like this! Joichiro! There's a limit to how unpredictable you can be! You would nonchalantly bring out new dishes or strange foods for Shokugekis! That's why you lost against opponents who were nothing special!"

"Phew...well, I was touchy back then." Joichiro says.

"You're no different compared to then." Qiu adds.

Megumi says, "But wait, the soup look looks dense, but somehow it has this light and mellow smell to it..."

"You're right about that..." Fumio says as they decide to taste the soup. But after they tried it out, they can't stop eating the Ramen.

"The noodles were kneaded with Yuzu Juice! They're this thick, but I just naturally keep eating!" Megumi says.

"Or rather we can't stop eating." Katsu says as Soma gulps at the sight of them eating.

"The soup was mixed with Soy Milk and Parched Flour Miso. However...how does it have so much body with just that?" Fumio asks.

"I added grated "Shrimp Taro Roots", which have a rich flavor and fine viscosity, by doing that, the body of the soup becomes creamy."

After eating, Megumi says, "Somehow...my body is getting warmer."

Isshiki says, "That's the effect of the Spicy Oil, Grated Ginger, and Garlic. The Soy Milk's mellowness softens that stimulation. This gently and slowly warms up your body."

"The toppings are also a display of Tenderness." Fumio says as they notice that the Ramen is actually for the Vegetarians who can't eat meat. So Joichiro uses fried Lotus root slices, Tempeh, and other vegetables to make this.

Everyone feels that the dish is making them going back to their younger ages, and then they have to decide to vote.

"Well then, now let's get to the verdict. Yukihira Soma and Joichiro, put forward the tableware of whichever you think was more delicious." Fumio says.

And after picking the votes, it turns out to be a 4-1 win for Joichiro.

"Oh? Only Katsu-san has a different opinion than us." Qiu says.

"Joichiro's dish is good, but I'm not Shizuka, I prefer having real meat for breakfast. That's just my opinion." Katsu says. "And besides, as a soldier, I respect Soma-kun even though his loss is decided."

Isshiki walks to Soma and says, "Soma-kun, your dish was truly delicious, too. However, I was also left a bit unsatisfied by it. Even though it's morning, I just finished working in the field, so I was looking for a more filling dish. Joichiro-san's was perfect for that."

"So my dish only meets the bare minimum of their demands, but Dad's, he was also thinking of how to make all of them feel more satisfied." Soma thinks.

Joichiro says, "You've grown a bit, haven't you? Apple Risotto, that was quite an interesting dish."

"Indeed." Qiu says. "And we have heard that you're participating in the Autumn Elections, too."