Chapter 37 Moon Banquet Festival Part 3

After the results, Kuga is now frustrated, considering that he lost the sales to Yukihira Soma, who has challenged him back in the Autumn Leaf Festival, and then he hears a voice, "Kuga! You really lost in sales?"

"Rindo senpai!" Kuga is surprised, and both Soma and Megumi notice the girl. Megumi says, "The second seat..."

"Boy, Kuga! You really are hopeless! Aren't you, Kuga?" Rindo asks.

"Oh shut up! I don't want to hear that from someone who's not participating in the Moon Banquet Festival just to go around eating!" Kuga yells.

"What are you saying? Going around eating is a way of participating." Rindo says. "And you know, it's because you stayed in your booth all the time that you lost to your junior's stall, am I wrong?"

"Shut up!" Kuga yells.

Soma and Megumi are sweatdropping at the sight of their bickering, and Kuga sighs, "He got me...with this, all went according to Yukihira-chin's plan."

"Eh? What are you talking about? The Moon Banquet Festival is five days long, right?" Soma asks. "The challenge is still going."

And in the final day, Soma, Megumi, and Mimasaka are working on their seats, there are not many people compared to the previous day, but they still manage to get first place of the day.

"You sure are working hard, Yukihira Soma." Rindo walks towards Soma. "But at this rate, winning in the sales total looks a bit impossible. You got really close, though."

"I know. I never thought I'd lose in terms of business. So I'm really frustrated." Soma frowns a little.

For the total sales, Soma's ranking is 2nd place, with 100 tickets less than Kuga Terunori, he sighs as he should have won this considering that he is the Phantom, but if he does that, his disguise will be exposed.

Rindo asks Soma and Megumi to come with her to the Uptown area, and when they arrive there, Megumi gasps, "Wow, it's like a whole different world in comparison to the other areas!"

"Looking at this, you'd never believe in a recession." Soma says. "Not only that, by this hour most central-campus and main-street booths are closing up, yet everything here is still going."

Rindo says, "Most everyone here is rich enough to stay on campus or at the Totsuki Resort. With that kind of customer base, most booths at the slopes tend to offer full-course dining."

Soma says, "We have enough money to go eat at Nakiri's restaurant...but for the others..."

"Don't worry, I'll cover ya both for Tsukasa's place. After all, he is the only one left. Hit that, and I've got 100% completion." Rindo says.

"In just five days, you ate all 120 booths at the festival?" Both Soma and Megumi exclaim in shock.

"Yep! I've given my all." Rindo says.

As they get into the restaurant, they see that the only chef inside is Tsusaka Eishi, as he feels like he is in a different world. They also notice how Eishi is panicking not to disturb the plating.

But after trying his dish, they all feel amazed by the taste. Eishi comes to the group and he says, "Umm...is the room warm enough? Are you comfortable? The air conditioner isn't making it too cold, is it? If it is, tell me right away!

Soma and Megumi are taken aback by the attitude, and Rindo says, "Geez, lighten up! Keep obsessively fussing over your customers like that and it just makes things more uncomfortable, not less."

"It does?" Eishi panics. "What should I do then?"

"Like I've told you a billion times, just stand tall and do what you do." Rindo says. "But your ability to pick out the best aspects of the best ingredients is as sharp as ever. You've got a good eye. But y'know someday, I'd like t taste a dish that's got more of you in it."