Chapter 53 Flashback with Elite 10 Part 2

"You guys probably know about Megishima." Soma says as he turns to Megishima, who gives him a nod. "Our meeting is quite an interesting one."

"What do you mean by that?" Erina asks with confusion.

"As you guys all know, Megishima hates Shokugeki, but we still have a Shokugeki during the first year." Soma sighs, "Not because he wants to, but he is forced by his classmates."

"Let me guess, you won?" Takumi asks with a sigh.

"That's why he got the third seat, though." Soma says. "Even though he doesn't like Shokugeki, but he accepts the position because of the fact that he can use the authority to travel around the world to learn more for his ramen dishes."

Megishima says, "Indeed. I have no objections to becoming the third seat, but when it comes to Shokugeki, I tried to avoid as much as I can."

"Now for the next one...we have Akanegakubo Momo..." Soma sighs.

(Flashback)

The Phantom is walking around the school until he hears a voice, "Bucchi! Please help me get my Bucchi!"

Soma notices that it is a girl who is shorter than him, and she seems to be in a panic as her doll is stuck on top of the tree. Soma sighs as he decides to help out.

After getting the doll back, she hugs the doll and says, "Thank goodness, Bucchi, you're safe."

Soma asks, "Why was your doll on the tree in the first place?"

"Momo was very angry that Momo accidentally threw Bucchi into the tree..." Momo says.

"So your name is Momo." Soma says as Momo finally realizes who she is talking to.

"Phan-nyan..." Momo mutters.

"Nyan? What is that?" Soma asks in confusion.

"It was how she refers to someone who she seems unworthy." Soma turns around to see Saito Somei standing near a tree.

"Somyan, when were you standing there?" Momo asks with annoyance.

"So you know her, Saito?" Soma asks.

"She is also the first grade like me, Akanegakubo Momo. she usually refuses to interact with new people who she meets." Saito says.

"I see...so you think that I'm unworthy, huh..." Soma says to Momo, who flinches a little. "How about we have a Shokugeki? Maybe I'll make you take back your words."

Momo gulps a little as the Phantom is challenging her, but she doesn't want to lose as she agrees.

And inside the Moon Banquet Hall, they manage to find 3 judges, which are Tsukasa Eishi, Tadokoro Yu, and Sonada Kikuchi. While Rindo and Saito are watching from the stands. The theme they choose is Chocolate, with Momo going for Chocolate Covered Checkerboard Cake, while Soma going for Chocolate Volcano Brownie.

"The theme is dessert, but both of them go for chocolate, huh..." Rindo says.

"I can tell this would be a match worth seeing." Saito adds.

After the judges taste both desserts, they are going to be melted from the sweetness. Momo says, "There is no one who could make better desserts than Momo...the overuse of chocolate can only give you 90 points."

"Is that so?" The Phantom asks. "Why don't you try it out?"

Momo flinches as she tries Soma's cake, even though she doesn't want to admit it, she can't help but melt into Soma's dish.