Chapter 56 First Bout Part 1

Days have passed and the train with Soma and the others finally arrive at Rebun Island. At the same time, the bus that brings Alice and the others also arrives, with all of them frowning as they fail their friends by being expelled by the Central. But as they get into the stadium, they are shocked to see how many people are watching the match through the crowd.

"Talk about a crowd." Isami says.

"They must be the ordinary students who cleared the final exam. And thus, all of these spectators, without a single exception, are cheering for the victory of the Azami administration of the Elite 10..." Hisako adds.

As Urara appears on the stage, a lot of them know that she has been brainwashed by Central, and she starts to welcome the Elite 10 as they all cheer for Central and Azami.

"So Yukihira and Megumi are gonna have to fight amongst all these deafening cheers?" Ikumi says with concern. And Isami and Hisako are also worried for Takumi and Erina.

"Now then, counting on...we've got those insolent, no-better-than vomit rebels who have the gall to defy the noble Central! Allow me to introduce those detested scoundrels! Get your asses in here already, you scum! And prepare to suffer a crushing defeat worse than hell itself!"

Just then, much to everyone's surprise, 8 people walk into the stadium as they exclaim. "Isshiki-senpai!" "Mimasaka Subaru!" "Kuga Terunori! And to top it all off..." "Former third seat Megishimar Totsuke?"

"Wait a minute, that's Erina-sama on the enemy side!" "And what is Yukihira Soma wearing? That's the Phantom's cloak! Does that mean he is the Phantom?"

Soma sighs and turns to the crowd, "As you all can see from my outfit, I don't think I am going to hide the truth. I am the Phantom, the undefeatable 0th seat of the Elite 10."

This causes everyone to gasp in surprise, as well as the Elite 10, who are surprised to see how Soma is revealing his identity. Soma says, "But together with my teammates, we will definitely win this Regiment Shokugeki no matter what, even if my enemy is the friends in the past."

Everyone shivers at Soma's cool tone, except for Azami, he says, "So you all manage to get many members on your side. This should make it a good show."

"Indeed. Ever since we have settled this, every one of us has gone through rigorous training." Soma says.

"Miraculously, this match has turned into an 8 vs. 8! It's an evenly-numbered showdown! Without further ado, we will consult with both teams to determine the limit of number of chefs who will compete against one another at one time!" Urara exclaims. "There are eight competitors on each side, so the upper limit is 8 people! It is possible to have up to 8 chefs competing on each side simultaneously. Now then, what shall we do?"

"How does a 3-on-3 battle sound?" Erina asks.

"Very well." Azami says.

"In that case, both teams! Please choose the 3 chefs who you wish to battle within the 1st bout!"

Megishima turns to Isshiki and says, "Isshiki, the two of us should come at them with the intention of routing every last one."

"Seems like you're not at all lacking in motivation. How reassuring, Megishima-san." Isshiki says.

And it turns out that on the rebels' side, there are Yukihira Soma, Isshiki Satoshi, and Megishima Totsuke. While in the Central side, Julio Shiratsu, Kaburagi Shoko, and Kinokuni Nene are the ones to battle.

"Isshiki senpai! I'm sorry, we all went and lost...and then got expelled." Yuki rushes to the senior and hugs him with tears.

"Look at you, actually wearing proper chef clothes, you feelin' alright today? But I gotta say, there's no one I'd put my trust in more than you!" Daigo adds.