Chapter 17 Family Showdown Part 1

While the students are eating with the Alumni, they are now talking about the Polar Star Dorm and Fumio says, "As you can see, the Elite 10 in front of you are the central pillars that brought upon the Polar Star's Golden Era."

"Fumio-san is exaggerating." Qiu says. "But it is true that we have been doing a lot of Shokugeki to make this place better."

Daniel says, "Indeed, we have to cover the kitchen equipment costs by ourselves, and also the fields outside the dorm, it is thanks to our efforts that we managed to make this an independent nation of Totsuki."

Shizuka says, "I have noticed that the fields are planted with vegetables, I assume that you're the one who made it?"

Isshiki nods and says, "Of course, it is my duty to protect the fields of Polar Star Dorm."

"I see you have protected them well. Despite we managed to win all of these through Shokugeki, there are still enemies who try to ruin it using dirty tactics." Katsu sighs.

"Yeah, thanks to the Phantom, they aren't able to do anything." Ai says.

"Wait, the Phantom?" Yuki asks in shock. "You mean there is the Phantom ever since your generation?"

"Oh? I thought that was just a forgotten tale." Daniel says. "But it seems that you know about the Phantom?"

Everyone then explains what the Phantom did to the Alumni, except for Soma, Megumi, and Isshiki, who are just staying silent about it. Joichiro already knows what's going on as he smiles, "Well, looks like the current Phantom might be a pain for all of you."

Dorabu asks, "Joichiro, do you know everything about this? You do know who is the first Phantom, does that mean this second Phantom is..."

"Related to her? It could be." Joichiro looks in Soma's direction, who flinches a little. "But I'm sure that the Phantom will only reveal after beating him in a Shokugeki, or someone that this person fully trust."

Megumi thinks, "Does that mean Soma-kun fully trusted me? No way..."

Fumio decides to change the topic and says, "Anyway, even though Gin never forgets to send new years' cards and gifts, but what about you guys? Couldn't you guys send at least one letter?"

"That's why we said we'll come here once in a while." Dorabu says.

"Give me a break! You guys all just come suddenly and then go away whenever you want! You almost send me a heart attack after seeing all seven of you at the same time when I open the door!" Fumio yells.

"Though it is a shame that Saiba-senpai never graduated, though..." Qiu sighs.

This causes the others to frown, including Soma, who knows what's going on. Everyone is confused, but they didn't realize the seriousness as they continue to chat.

Once everyone is back in the room, Soma is the only one who stays as Joichiro and the others are talking to him. Joichiro asks, "So what have you been doing, huh? Little Phantom?"

"So you know that it was me the whole time, huh?" Soma sighs.

"Please, you are Tamako's son. And I know Tamako wouldn't want her secret to be revealed to people who ridiculed her." Daniel says. "But I admit, getting the so-called Seat Number 0 does not happen in the history books of Totsuki."

"Indeed. Looks like young Soma here is having such fun." Ai says.

"Anyway, Dad, will you sleep in my room?" Soma asks as he spins the key, Joichiro notices the key which says 303 as he smiles, "Haha, Soma! You're in Room 303?"