Chapter 48 Red and White Battle

"What? A Regiment de Cuisine on Rebun Island?" Eishi is surprised to hear the news, and Azami replies, "Yes."

"How exactly did we end up...and you seem to be in quite the good mood, headmaster. Did something especially good happen?" Tsukasa asks.

"Send word to the other Elite 10 members. Tell them to continue moving northward." Azami says. "We'll deal the final blow to those rebels during the final exam phase."

And at the same time, Erina has gone to bed, leaving the others in the cabin. Dojima says, "I'll explain the content and the intention of the special training begin tomorrow. The Regimental Shokugeki and the normal Shokugeki have a clearly defined difference between them. Teamwork is the deciding factor of who wins and loses."

"But when you face your opponent, it's still 1 on 1, isn't it?" Takumi asks. "While formally it may be team vs. team, in the end, it's a battle that relies on the power of the "Individual", am I wrong?" Takumi asks.

"In a Regimental Shokugeki, you're allowed to help your teammates with their preparation and cooking." Katsu says.

"While it is true that you clash with your opponent using your own cooking, you can also assist your allies with their cooking as needed. Thereby increasing the completion rate and degree of perfection of your whole team's dishes." Dorabu adds.

"In summary, while everyone on the team is acting as a chef, they're simultaneously also acting as sous chefs." Shizuka replies.

"Even if your individual strengths are insufficient on their own, so long as you cooperate well, with your teammates, your chances of victory are by no means 0. Even against the Elite 10."

"But of course, for that purpose, you must acquire teamwork that far surpass anything your opponents have." Qiu says. "That is the significance behind all this special training."

"If I'm working together with everyone, it might just give me the courage I need." Megumi sighs.

"Maybe it won't be bad for Teamwork." Soma sighs. "Though I really want to battle them one on one..."

"With that out of the way, starting tomorrow, we will conduct 2-on-2 mock battles. Or, in other words, "Red and White battles." Dojima says. "With that, I'll divide you into teams taking each of your aptitudes into account-"

"Okay! We're gon' draw straws! Got it?" Joichiro says, causing Gin to get angry.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing, all willy-nilly like that?" Dojima yells.

"Who cares! We're gonna make 'em batt;e it out over and over anyway." Joichiro replies. "Alright, so? What's the punishment for the losers gonna be?"

Fujiwara says, "Um...Saiba senpai, we are not trying to emulate actually victory and defeat here. The objective is running simulations!"

"Okay, then. How about this? The loser has to taste-test one of my new strange cooking creations! Sounds good?" Gin is about to burst into anger as he mutters, "It's all coming back to me now...how about you have a seat right over there, old buddy?"

The other alumni gulp as they see Dojima and Saiba fighting, it is also the same time when Erina walks into the cabin.

"Did they fight like this very often?" Megumi asks Daniel, who sighs, "More than ever."

"To think that he could engage the normal cool-headed chef Dojima just like that..." Takumi says.

Megumi notices Erina and says, "Sorry to cause such a disturbance while you were resting, Nakiri-san. But let's do our best together, okay?"