Chapter 38 Soma's Past

"Okay, with this, we've made our decision." Tsukasa ends the meeting with the other members of the Elite 10 about the new headmaster of the school, and of course, Soma is also there in the Phantom disguise, but inside his mask, he is trembling as he can't believe everyone is going through this.

After the meeting is over, Soma and Isshiki are back at the Polar Star Dorm, and the others gather around Isshiki to learn about the new headmaster, then they also manage to see the appointment speech, as Azami says how he is going to change the Totsuki Academy.

"Hisako. Thank you for your work until today." Azami says. "I think you from the bottom of my heart for supporting Erina while I wasn't here. I'm sure Erina's burden was lightened quite a bit thanks to you."

"Wait a second, what does that..." Hisako asks with horror, and Azami says, "Starting today, you're relieved of your secretarial duties."

Erina and Hisako are shocked, but Erina can't rebel against her father, which makes things very complicated.

"There's no need to worry. I will be by your side from now on. I'll choose all of your clients from now on. I'll put all of my efforts into making the most of your abilities, Erina. Let's join hands and work hard together. OK? Erina?" Azami asks.

"Yes, father..." Erina mutters, and then he says, "And now there is only one more..."

In the dorm, Soma is now sitting in his room while Megumi opens the door. She asks, "Soma-kun, are you alright?"

Soma frowns and says, "I don't know why...those memories of a bad past, it is starting to go back into me...why is he here? Don't tell me he is here for that again..."

Megumi asks, "What's that, and what do you mean?"

Just then, much to their surprise, the former headmaster Nakiri Senzaemon arrives at the room and he says, "I can answer everything. Please excuse my sudden visit."

"For-mer headmaster?" Megumi trembles a little at the sight, and he says, "Tadokoro Megumi, right? This is the first time we've talked to each other directly."

Soma says, "Headmaster Senzaemon. What are you doing here..."

"I am here to talk to both of you." Senzaemon says. "After all, I was the one who advised Joichiro to have Yukihira Soma apply to Totsuki, and also the one that makes Soma the 0th seat."

Megumi asks, "What do you mean by that?"

"It is about Soma and Erina." Senzaemon says, "You can say...both of them are actually cousins like Erina and Alice are."

"What?" Megumi gasps in shock.

"The man who took over my role as the headmaster, Nakamura Azami, is actually Yukihira Takamo's younger brother." Senzaemon says. "But they have been separated when they are little, Tamako was raised in the poor, while Azami is raised in the riches."

Soma says, "That's true...and I have never told everyone, but...the first time I met Nakiri, or I shouldn't hide it, Eri-chan, is when I was 6 years old. I was taken to Nakiri's residence to learn. Do you remember the Elite 10 of my Dad's year? The Golden Age? He was in the third seat when my Dad was the second."

"Seriously?" Megumi asks.

"Yeah, and then he became the first seat for two years, that's why my Mom was still the second seat when she graduated." Soma says. "Eri-chan and I played a lot, just like how Alice and I were. But it was also the beginning of the nightmare."

"What do you mean nightmare?" Megumi asks as Soma is going into a flashback.

(Flashback)