Chapter 40 Nakamura Azami

After getting scolded by the dormmates, Soma and the others are now in the dining room. Takumi and Isami also arrive as Takumi yells, "Yukihira! Your Shokugeki! I saw it all!"

As everyone thinks that Takumi is going to scold Soma, but he doesn't, he says, "If our territory was jeopardized as yours was...even I would've done the same thing."

They also notice that Erina and Hisako are there, and Soma turns to the Alumni and says, "Thank you for helping the dorm, I know it is the right thing to call you guys here."

"No problem, Soma." Shizuka says. "We are also mad at the thought of what Azami was doing."

As they are partying, Megumi notices that Soma is not happy, Soma replies, "I was the one who suggested the theme, and Eizan-senpai only began thinking up his dish once the match was well underway and still managed to produce something of that level..."

He decides to ask about what will be happening to the other RS, and that's when Isshiki comes back and tells them how he has been setting up rules to stop the cheating system. But while they are continuing to party, Erina and Hisako are shocked to see Isshiki in nothing but naked apron.

"No matter how many times I see it, it always has such an effect." Takumi says.

"It really feels like it wouldn't be Polar Star Dorm if we didn't have that." Soma says.

"Just what is going on with all these people living here? Even the Aldini Bros, who I thought were comparatively upstanding, have nonchalantly accepted the Naked apron..."

"It's quite mysterious after all...this dorm." Erina says as she decides to ask Hisako how to use the washing machine, and then he tries to ask her to forget about it.

But as the party is going on, Soma hears a doorbell as he decides to see who it is, only to see that it is no other than Nakiri Azami, the headmaster himself.

"Uncle Azami..." Soma mutters in surprise.

"How have you been, Yukihira Soma, it has been years since our last meeting, hasn't it?" Azami asks with a smile, which causes Soma to flinch. "Erina is also here, isn't she?"

Soma takes a breath and says, "And what if she is?"

Just then, Azami walks into the dining room to see that Erina is there indeed. But the alumni are with Fumio as they are in the kitchen, so Azami didn't see them.

"Father..." Erina says with the same horrified face as Soma.

"Headmaster, what brings your business here?" Isshiki asks.

"Is there a reason? I'm here to speak with Erina and Soma after all."

"As we're right in the middle of an enjoyable victory celebration, would you mind taking your leave?" Isshiki asks again.

Azami ignores him and he turns to Erina, "Erina. Come here."

Erina is hesitating, but just as she is about to step forward, Azami just pats her head and says, "I'm glad to see you look so well. You're not causing trouble for the others here, are you? As the daughter of a noble family, you're a bit ignorant of the ways of the world, after all."

Azami turns to Soma and says, "I'll leave Erina in your care."

"Aren't you going to take her back?" Soma asks.

"Did I not say I simply wished to speak with Erina? I will respect her wishes. If she desires to remain here, for now, remain here she shall."

"And I was thinking why it is noisy here, looks like we have some unusual guest." Fumio and Katsu are the ones who leave the kitchen. Katsu says, "This isn't a place that someone like you can just enter. Nakamura Azami."