Chapter 26 Final Match Part 1

As Yukihira Soma is back on the stage because of the reveal of the theme for the final round, it turns out to be the Pacific Saury, which has the advantages of each of them. Before Hayama leaves, Soma says, "Oh, right. Hayama. Don't try to smooth things over by acting composed. If you're bitter you can just be better about it."

"I've got no reason to be bitter." Hayama says. "Advancing to the finals, win the election...things are going as smoothly as expected."

"Huh? The match ended up a draw, and yet you're still acting like you're the best, huh, spice bastard?" Ryo says. "You're a one-trick pony of a cook who only has brains for spices. Next time, I'll bring you down!"

The next day, Soma is packing at the Polar Star Dorm as Megumi comes to him. "Soma-kun, are you going somewhere this early?"

"I'm going to the riverside fish market for a bit." Soma says.

"A fish market! You're going to look at some Pacific Saury?" Megumi asks. "You're bringing your Shichirin too?"

"I want to try grilling them there." Soma says, "Do you want to come with me?"

"Of course." Megumi says.

After they arrive at the fish market, Megumi is amazed at the atmosphere there, which Soma is looking at the ingredients.

"Soma-kun, you come here before?" Megumi asks.

"I came with my Dad a lot. How about you, Tadokoro?" Soma asks.

"I went to the fish market in my hometown a lot. But I'm a bit nervous...I have to be careful not to get in the way of the people working here. I'm pretty slow as it is...if I'm not careful, they'll get mad at me."

Just before she can be yelled at by a salesman, Soma steps forward and says, "Sorry about that, we are from Totsuki Academy."

The salesman then turns friendly as he apologizes to them. But as they continue to find the fish, they also see Alice and Ryo there.

"Kurokiba-Kun? Nakiri-san?" Megumi is shocked.

"So you two came to take a look at some Pacific Saury, too? What a coincidence."

"A coincidence, you say, but I come here pretty much every day." Ryo says.

"I see, what about you, Alice?" Soma asks.

"Only sometimes, you have to wake up early to come to the fish market." Alice says, and Megumi seems to be the only one who is panicking about meeting them.

Soma is looking at the fish carefully and Ryo says, "Angel's Eyes, huh? But it's not like you can just blindly choose a fresh one. Because the flavor hasn't fully developed then. The flesh can't be too hard and it can't be flavorless. In order to discern that difference, you need a fair amount of experience."

Soma says, "That's why I have Angel's Eyes, it has helped me during these years. My dad has taken me around the world, and there are some places where we can find fish to make. And besides, it would be better if we have a nice rematch, huh?"

Suddenly, Ryo has his headband tied up and yells, "Don't you think you will win like last time!"

Megumi turns to Alice and asks, "What does Soma-kun mean?"

Alice sighs and says, "Back in Denmark, Yukihira-kun and Ryo-kun had a match. And in the end, Yukihira-kun won."

"Eh..." Megumi says as she realizes that Soma and Ryo are making sashimi made by Pacific Saury, and they have asked Megumi to try it out, but Megumi can't decide which is better as she is now panicking at Ryo's stare.