Chapter 17: Something in common

*David's house is in the Media section*

Recap:

"You really need to learn how to live May," He utters to himself.

"So, I'm coming to your house in like an hour." I notify him. He nods his head in approval,

"Yeah, My mum is so excited to see you she couldn't sleep yesterday. She was bouncing up and down on her bed singing 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Way to annoying, but I do love her. My mother." He said that last part so quietly I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"Well gotta go, see you in an hour." I say, seeing my bus stop at the T-Way.

"Bye May." David says while waving to me.

"Bye," I whisper to myself, wondering what were the odds of seeing my best-friend after 12 years.

*2014*

Catching T-63 I slump into my seat and shove my earphones into my ears; blasting music. Forgetting the world around me. Finally my stop arrived, saying thank you to the bus driver I began the walk home. When I arrived home I checked the time; having only 5 minutes to get ready before my mum comes home I change into a royal blue dress, not too casual yet not too fancy either. It's perfect. I pulled my hair into a milk-braid braid leaving a few strands to frame my face. Dusting my eyelids with a shimmering blue eye-shadow and applying a peachy blush onto my cheeks I was set to go. At that moment my mum came into the house, ready to meet Cindy. She was wearing a pair of high waist-ed jeans, black wedges and a loose red top. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail; in all honesty my mum looked younger. Happier and more lively than she had been in ages.

"Ready to go May?" She asked me,  pulling my school bag out of the way of the front door.

Swiping on some coral pink lipstick I answer her,

"Yeah, wait a minute I'm just going to get my bag." I rush into my room and grab the blue cross-body and slung it over my shoulder. Hopefully David doesn't think I dressed up for him; I just wanted my mum to be okay with what I was wearing. If it were up to me I would've gone in sweatpants and a tee-shirt.

Walking over to my mum, her face lit up like a thousand light bulbs; her eyes glassy with tears. What is wrong with her?Gently holding her shoulder I look into her eyes and ask her softly.

"What's wrong mum?" She gave me a shaky smile and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Nothing dear, it's just...you're the perfect daughter anyone would wish for and no matter what you do I will always love you May. Never forget that." I am taken aback from her words, it's not that often that she expresses her feelings for me. Making most of this moment I wrap my arms around her, giving her a warm hug filled with love.

"I'll never forget that." I whisper to myself.

"Now that that's over, we need to get going. Cindy's house is 20 minutes away." Letting my arms drop to my sides I slip on my blue heels and walk out the door. Meeting David for the 2d time today.

As drove to Cindy's house  my mum turned up the radio to NOVA. My favourite radio station.

"I know you lie,"

"Your lips are moving"

"Baby do you think I'm dumb"

"I might be young,"

"But I ain't stupid-" Blasted Megan Traitor's song; Lips are movin.

"Speaking of lying, what happened in your detention?" My mother asked, I had hoped she had forgotten about that. I hoped wrong.