Chapter 8: The Crush.

Recap:

I logged on my Acer Touch-Screen laptop whilst grabbing a jar of nutella. Nutella and I were inseparable. The minute my laptop loaded I jumped straight onto the internet and began to watch Superwoman.(*THIS IS OFF TOPIC BUT SUPERWOMAN IS A REAL YOUTUBER.... ONE OF MY FAVOURITES*)

I clutched my stomach in uncontrollable laughter as she said a joke. Thank goodness no one was here to watch me in maniac mode. By the time I had to leave my lovely house just to be greeted the the 'opening' arms of the school I quickly re-washed my face. No one had to see my Nutella stained fiasco. Before leaving, I chucked my phone into my bag put on my white all-stars converse and stepped outside the door. Excited to go to school. Yippee.-( that was meant to be said sarcastically)

*2014*

The moment I stepped out the door the summer breeze gently swayed around me. What a perfect Friday. Sadly, David would have to be the one to ruin my perfect Friday. I put my earphones in as I browsed the song list on my phone, until I found a perfect one. Read All About It by Emeli Sandé.

You've got the words to change a nation but your biting your tongue

You've spent a lifetime stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong

If no one ever hears it how we gonna learn your song?

So come on, come on, come on, come on

You've got a heart as loud as lions so why let your voice be tamed?

Maybe we're a little different there's no need to be ashamed

I continued to listen to that song until I reached my bus stop which was down that hill. I waved the school's free bus pass in front of the driver and hopped on the bus, grabbing the last free seat. I pulled the earphones out of my ears and tucked them as well as my phone safely into my bag. The bus stopped 5 more times until it finally stopped at my school. I say a 'thank you' to the bus driver before safely getting off the bus. I started humming to the tune 'Twinkle Twinkle little star' whilst walking towards the welcoming arms of school.

I squeezed through the couple who were sucking each others face to reach my locker. The couple looked fairly angry and mad but left the area without a word. Only to move to the bathroom to make out even more. Ew. I shoved my bag into my locker which was fairly clean. No surprise there, I am a neat freak 24/7. I took out my books for the first two periods which are....... English and Art. Nice. My two favourite subjects in a row. My Friday has started off well. I shifted my gaze out of my locker and onto the clock plastered on the wall. It was 8:15 meaning I had 15 more minutes before homeroom bell rang.

To my embarrassment Sammy barged through the school gates screaming out my name,

"May! May! May! MAY RUBY LANDON COME HERE THIS INSTANCE!!!" How embarrassing.

I slowly walked towards her only to make her a tiny, oh well, A LOT more angry.

"MAY! COME HERE, DON'T WALK! YOU BETTER RUN BECAUSE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!" This better be important. Had I won the lottery? Am I a famous author? Did Ash from The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa come to life? I jogged to her because I didn't want to come off as some crazy weirdo that was running to her best friend. Because let me tell you. The WHOLE school was staring at us because of Sammy's loud voice. Even the couple that were making out. As soon as I was within her grasp she pulled me into the girls bathroom giggling like a maniac.

"Okay Sammy, breath and tell me what is apparently ' Life Changing'" I told her using her previous words emphasizing that this better be important. Otherwise she could have told me during homeroom.

"Oh May, you have no idea what I heard!" She started, but found herself giggling again. She tried once more,

"Okay. Ummmm, when I was walking to the school David and friends were in front of me and!" The suspense was killing me. Did David start rumors about my Dora wallet? I will personally kill him myself if he did.

"And his best friend, Cameron thinks you are cute!" My heart just stopped. Was I hearing her right?

"Wh-what you a-are t-trying to say is C-Cameron my crush l-likes me?"

"Yes May! Cameron as in Cameron Winters likes YOU!"

"Are you sure he hasn't mistaken me for some cheerleader or popular kid or something?"

"No May, he used your name and even DESCRIBED YOU!" I was so happy right then I swear my heart could jump right out of my chest! My crush likes me back! My crush likes me back! I chanted on and on in my head!!! I am sooooo happy!!!

I wanted to divert the topic off me because Sammy was feeling slightly uncomfortable coming to the fact that none of the people she likes have ever liked her back.

"Hey, your hair looks shiny have you done anything to it?" I ask her hoping to change the subject. Although in my opinion her hair still looks the same. Her face brightens up instantly before telling me about her hair life.

"Oh May! You have noticed! I have been using Dove shampoo and conditioner. For the past 6 weeks I have been using it and apparently on the 7th week it makes a difference! It is true!" She proclaims as we walk towards her locker and away from the bathroom. She grabs her books and judging by her sour facial expressions she has PE and science. Her Friday is starting to go downhill. Just as she locks her locker the homeroom bell rings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiiiii my lovelies!

How are you? As you may or may not know I wanted to get 30 followers before the school holiday ends and I am grateful to say I have got 31 FOLLOWERS BEFORE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS END! Therefore this chapter is dedicated to my 30th follower: Smi_e. You have accomplished my goal:)

The AMAZING cover at the side is by: beyond-imperfection and I seriously LOVE her covers!!! If you want a cover done you can PM her and she will surely make you one:)THANK YOU!!!

PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE(I mean follow; me and my YouTube obsession:)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and 'That's all folks!"- Looney Tunes reference!:)

P.S: SORRY FOR ALL THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS! I SERIOUSLY SUCK AT EDITING!!!