Chapter 4: Dora's Wallet

*2014*

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? MY MUM JUST CAME OUT IN THE DOOR WITH MY DORA WALLET......DOESN'T SHE KNOW WHAT EMBARRASSMENT IS??? I smile sheepishly at the Youth Group wondering how I can deal with this 'issue'. Everyone peers at me but to my surprise I find David staring at me with a slight smile tugging the edges of this lips. I glare back at him. I respond uncertainty clearly found in my words.

"Ummm, Ummmm, Ummmmm, Ummmm, Ummmmm, Ummmmm-" But before I could finish my sentence or should I say... my word choice on 'Ummmmm's' I got interrupted by Derrek.

"You should go and get that wallet and then you can introduce yourself." I fiddle with the hem of my shirt(One of my nervous habits) before responding,

"Ummmm, okay." I silently walk towards my mum who is proudly holding up my Dora wallet. Of course she is doing this; she basically doesn't know the difference between 5 year old cool and 16 year old cool. She smiles cheerfully at me before saying the words I NEVER want to hear EVER again.

"Here we are sweetie, I knew you wanted to keep your Dora Wallet knowing it means so much to you." I cringe away at those words; hoping my hunched back will build a wall strong enough to save me from humiliation. I give her a small, weak smile softly saying;

"Ok-ay you can go home now mum and do what you have to do."

" Okay sweetie, just take care of yourself and be a good girl!"

"Yeah." I turn around knowing every person in the Youth Group will be staring at me. I could even hear some words muttered from one person to another; such as baby or Swiper No Swiping. Stupid Swiper. I curse slightly under my breath.

Thankfully Derrek saved me from my despair and continued talking abut how it means to be close to God and respecting people. I was almost happy until David happened to ask Derrek if I could introduce myself. I mentally slap myself in the brain(Mind you, 2d time in a day) and shove my hands into the warm pockets of my jeans.

"Here is May and she will introduce herself." Please give her a clap of applause!" I walk toward Derrek for the 2d time today and took the microphone from him. My palms sweating with anxious butterflies in my stomach.

"Uh, hi? My name is May and I recently moved to Australia from California. I am 16 years old and I live with my mum. I also have 2 elder sisters; who are now in University. Ummmmm, I love reading and writing books and ummmmm yeah." I smile nervously at the Youth Group before they start clapping. Derrek speak and motions me to sit next to David. David grins at me as I take the seat next to him.

"Hi May, can I see your Dora wallet? He speaks to me with a grin on his ugly.....Handsome(What am I thinking about? Get your head out of the gutter May!)face. I give him an evil smile before replying,

"No."

"I thought we were friends!" He wines but my answer stays the same.

"No."

"Please, you can even sit with me at lunch and no one has ever declined me that offer."

"No. And I would gladly be the first one to refuse your proposal to sit with you at lunch." Did that sentence even make sense?

"Pretty please with a ten dollar free gift on top. Only if you let me to see your wallet, that is."

"Why do you even WANT TO SEE MY WALLET?" I realized that the Youth Group was silent while I saying my last sentence.

Derrek smiles at me from the center of the circle before pushing a finger to his lips saying 'Please don't talk.'

I ignore David or Jockstrap for the rest of the night and focus on Derrek's words. Unfortunately Derrek had a idea to play a game with the person sitting next to you. Not that type of game! Get your head out of the gutter you dirty minded people! Derrek explained the rules,

"You each have to tell your partner some facts about yourself. Such as May likes Dora." He babbled on but my face was as hot as a heated oven when he used that example. David started off the game first.

"Hi, my name is David and I go to Bathurst High and I am 16 years old."

"I know who you are douche bag, I go to the same school." I reply with a frown on my face. Am I that unnoticeable in the world? David snaps me out of my gaze but saying,

"What about you? Apart from the fact you love Dora." He smirks at me. This idiotic jerk! who does he think he is? Wait he thinks he is the president.

"Hello douche bag, I also go to Bathurst high and my best friend is Samantha." We exchange information and by the end of the Youth Group I learn't a couple of interesting facts about him. He likes art , plays the violin, has a sister and he didn't fail to mention he is the most popular guy at school.

The rest of the night was a blur and I even made a couple of friends. I met a girl her name is Ainahs(Pronounced I-nas) and she was super sweet to me even after the Dora fiasco. Ainahs was very pretty with her jet black hair tumbling down her back and her sky blue eyes. Ainahs and I were very comfortable with each other but sadly we didn't go to the same school. She lived in Sydney (In the city to be exact) but she was here to visit her grandparents. Since she stays at home during her 3 month holiday; her mum decided to be like mine and enrol her to a Youth Group, where she will supposedly make 'Life-long friends.'

The night has finished at last and as I am grabbing my shameful wallet David walks towards me. Wondering what he wants I look in his direction.

"What do you want douchebag?"

"Is that your new nickname for me? I can call you doll if you wan't." He smiles(more like glares) at me.

"Fine, I will repeat the question. What do you want?"

"Oh nothing doll, I just wanted to see how you were doing since it is your first day here."

"Since you were so concerned about me, I am fine."

"Are you sure doll? You seem a little lonely." I ignore him even though his constant chatter is annoying me.

After forever(I am exaggerating) my mum walks comes inside the room and strolls towards me. Once she see's David she let's out a high pitched squeal. Everyone stares at us. I mentally slap myself in the brain. How many times do I slap myself in the brain? My mum comes to her senses and stares at David like he is a foreign object before speaking in a excited voice.

"Oh my goodness, you look just like your mother with your pretty brown hair and your unmistakable blue eyes of yours-" I cut her off and made the worst mistake of my entire life.

"What is GOING ON?" My mother looks at me before smirking and saying,

"He is my best friend's son!" All I could do at that moment was stare at her. And the world vanished into nothing just leaving David, mum and myself.

Bonjour, my lovelies, how are you?

This is the best week of my life(so far) because this story is coming 304th in the Romance section and 398th in the Teen-fiction section!!!!! I can't stop smiling and now my mouth is starting to hurt.......

Thankyou for all the people who are reading and voting this book :)

I am sooooo sorry for all the grammatical errors(I say this in every chapter in both of my books) and I will try and improve on them. I would like to thank HeatherTbooks and Sagetheherb because without them my grammatical level would be a zero..........

Please keep reading and COMMENT, VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE!!!(Me and my YouTube obsession) this is my slogan if you were wondering!

Au revoir 

Pukuls