Chapter 27: Just A Mistake

Recap:

I kissed him.

It took him a couple of seconds to register what was happening but as soon as he got a hold of his surroundings his mouth moved delicately against mine. I felt my hands inch from his chest to his hair, feeling the brown strands tickling my neck.

"Kids, come down!" Cindy shouted causing David and I to pull apart immediately.

Problem was,

I kissed David.

And I enjoyed it.

*2014*

"Uh we should go down stairs," David mumbled awkwardly clearing his throat.

Great, I was now a girlfriend and the first thing I do is cheat on him. With his best friend that too.

"Uh yeah..." I trailed off awkwardly trying to regain my thoughts.

We made our way downstairs with minimal eye contact.

And it was very awkward.

The most awkward I had ever felt.

And let me tell you, I am an awkward person.

"Darling there you are, just hide behind the couch and when Katherine walks in jump up and say: Surprise! Okay?" Cindy instructed pointing to the couch over there. I spotted my mum hiding underneath the dining table and when she saw me she winked. I blushed and tried to cover it up by fake coughing however my mother didn't buy it, she just wiggled her eyebrows.

"May you coming?" David asked from behind the couch, no sign of the kiss in his tone.

"Yeah..yeah," I said quickly walking over to him and crouching behind the couch.

"May?" David asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I said my voice small and soft.

"This kiss was a mistake." David pointed out, guilt pouring out of his every word. And I couldn't blame him, he just kissed his best-friends girl!

"It was," I spoke out trying to keep a straight face; but on the inside we all knew that my heart was bleeding.

"SURPRISE!" We all yelled out as Katherine walked in, her hair in a tight bun wearing a pink ballet tutu.

"AH!" She screamed in surprise then she just ran over to Cindy and gave her the biggest hug possible. Wasn't she cute for a 7 year old.

"Thank you wall!" She said pronouncing the word all as wall.

"No thank you sweetie!" My mum said walking over to her and hugging her whilst David looked at Katherine with so much love in his blue eyes.

"Thanks David and May!" She exclaimed and came running over to us, hugging both of us with her tiny little arms.

"It's okay, you are the perfect little sister anyone could've asked for," David hugged back choking up.

This was a side of David I haven't seen in years.

"Happy Birthday Katherine!" I wished holding her close to me.

"Thanks guys! I love you all!" Katherine once again thanked earning a chuckle from Cindy.

"C'mon we have a party to attend!" Then all of of a sudden music blasted and the party was ready to start.

*1 HOUR LATER*

"Please shut up.."I wailed covering my ears to stop David's marvelous singing from damaging my precious ear drums.

"Nah, baby, we all know you love my voice." David suggested winking at me. We were no longer as awkward as before and even though we did kiss I am starting to think of him as a friend. Just friends, nothing more, nothing less. But that dirt voice in the back of my head whispered: friends with benefits and we all know how appreciative his body can be.