9☕

Haneul averted her gaze swiftly and covered her mouth as soon as she realized what she had just blurted out

"W-well thank you for the sudden compliment, you're very beautiful yourself."

Jaemin returned, smiling brightly as he watch the now beautiful red tomato faced girl who was desperately trying to cover her bright red face. He then turned his attention to the neatly place food in front of him, awhing at the amount of effort she must have put in.

"How did you put this together so fast?"

Jaemin asked, turning his attention back on to Haneul who was now fanning her slightly less red face to calm her beating heart that was going wild in her ribcage.

"I-I always do this on Christmas Eve as I normally don't have anything else to do and I used to do this with my dad, the tradition kinda stuck."

Haneul confessed she had been doing this alone for years since her father passed away and even before then as her father worked along with her brother and cousins. It was nice to have the company of someone else for once.

"Ah, I see, well I hope I wasn't intruding on a family tradition."

"No, No my Father passed away a few years ago, it's only my older brother and me now."

"Oh, I'm so sorry, it must be hard without parents, I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost mine."

Jaemin consoled, reaching over to grab her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. Just the feeling of his skin coming into contact with here's send shivers down her spine and butterflies irrupting in her stomach.

"Oh, No, it's fine, we're getting by, my brother more than me, he has this massive job at the palace, keeping things in order with my cousin while I'm here by myself running a mere coffee business... I don't even know why I'm telling you all this, it's a bit personal."

'I never even realised that they could have family outside the castle'

"Hey, it's okay, I'm just glad you're comfortable with me now to tell me personal stuff."

Haneul smiled, she was comfortable with him and they had only really spent a few moments together in the past month.

"A-Are you comfortable with me Nana?"

"Yeah, I am? Extremely actually, you're one of the first people I've gotten to know outside the palace."

"Then tell me, what's your real name, Nana?"

Haneul had had this curiosity hidden within her ever since she asked for his name. She had so many questions about him, she wanted to really know who he was before she let herself fall completely for him.