29 💕

Her shaking got a lot worse as she carried on eating, most of her cake on her fork ended up back on her plate

'It's funny what a stupid slice of cake can do to me'

She thought to herself as her brother gave her a look of concern, she smiled weakly and gave him a nod before trying to attempt to eat another mouthful. But the fork ended up clattering back down on the plate, causing the whole table's attention to fall on her.

"Sorry, it slipped."

She apologised, and the whole table went back to their conversations, apart from Jaemin. His eyes were still on her as she picked up the fork once again with shaky hands and attempted once again to eat another fork full. Thankfully she was able to but she almost choked on it, coughing and grabbing her throat, her brother panicked and passed her a glass of water. Washing it down, she stood up and bowed.

"Sorry, but I have to excuse myself and go to my room."

She said to the Queen and the rest of the table before walking out of the Dinning room and straight upstairs to the third floor, to her room. She felt slightly humiliated but at least she was at ease now, having gotten away from the pressure of what was a simple dinner. She closed the door behind her and went straight to her vanity to take off her makeup to then go take a shower in her ensuite.

She threw her dress on the floor along with her underwear, shoes and tights before getting into the warm shower. She allowed the feeling of warm water against her skin to relax and rejuvenate her emotions, allowing all the anxiety and trauma she felt, drop off her like the water, following it down the drain. After washing her hair and body she heard a knock on her door, interrupting her rejuvenating time causing her to sigh and get out of the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her nude body before then going out of the bathroom.

The person knocked again on her door.

"Coming!"

She announced, not having enough time to put on some clothes, she went and opened the door just a little to see who it was.

"Love, it's me, can I come in?"

Jaemin asked, instantly washing away any annoyance Haneul had from the interruption.

"Yeah, you can but I'm kinda only in a towel at the moment so I'll put some clothes on in the bathroom."

She said, leaving the door open so Jaemin could enter while she went and grabbed her pyjamas to get changed into.

"It's okay, I'll stay out here so you can change comfortably."

He replied, closing the door again.

She smiled, getting changed as quick as she could so that she could open the door and let him in, opening the door with a smile.

"You could have come in, but anyway what's up?"

She asked, stepping aside to allow him to enter, which he did, looking around as she closed the door behind her.

"They put you in the shittest room on the whole third floor. But you are right next to mine which is nice."

He spoke, getting sidetracked from their conversation as he looked around her temporary room that he found not good enough for her.

"Well, they didn't exactly know that we were dating. I mean what are the odds of the Prince dating a caterer or Barista."

She replied, going with the flow of the conversation.

"Yeah, you have a point but I'll make sure they don't give you this room when you come to stay-"

"Who says I'll need a room next time, I mean, I could just sleep with you."

She butted in cheekily. Jaemins eyes went wide before giggling realising what she meant.

"You're adorable, I just wanna squeeze you."

He smiled, walking over to her and pulling her into a giant bear hug which she gladly excepted.

"So why were you shaking at the table Love?"

He asked, Haneul dreaded ever telling anyone but she knew Jaemin would help her deal with it, she sighed before snuggling up to him.

"My mother used to make chocolate cake, it was her signature thing and one-day Donghyuck, Jeno and me, we got into a car crash with my parents and us children and my dad survived but my mother passed away ... I guess chocolate cake is one of my triggers."

She explained, the numb feeling slowly building up and taking over her whole body. But it stopped as she felt a warm hand rub up and down her back gently as well as a peck on the top of her head. She could have cried but the warm feeling that she felt inside of her stopped her from doing so. He just had a way of making things okay, mending her problems with just a simple touch and yet she had no idea if she did the same to him.

"I'm so sorry that you went through that, but she would want you to be happy. Your mother would probably want you to enjoy chocolate cake again. We can get through this together so that you can eat chocolate cake again, Okay?"

He said softly, his natural calm aura always did its job in which it calmed her down, as well as made her mind think a lot clearer than it did before.

"Okay...Thank you Jaem."

She replied, pulling herself away from his chest so she could look up at him before yawning, she was tired and so was he.

"I think we should get some sleep. I'll see you tomorrow."

He said, giving her a small peck on the lips before breaking away from her embrace, heading out the door but stopping to smile and wave at her. She was left alone once again but this time she felt the loneliness kick in a lot quicker, she had to admit that she wanted to cuddle with him like they had done two nights before.

She had now grown attached to him, so much that she missed him the second he left.

Awwwwwh