19🍑

Haneul woke up with the bright sunlight peeping through her curtains as she did every morning as it would make her eyes twitch, indicating that she was slowly slipping out of her wonderful slumber

Haneul woke up with the bright sunlight peeping through her curtains as she did every morning as it would make her eyes twitch, indicating that she was slowly slipping out of her wonderful slumber. But this time she felt another presence that had their arm hooked gently over her waist and the sweet scent of cologne that still lingered still from their clothing. She smiled knowing that he was laying right next to her, still fast asleep.

She looked up slightly at his calm relaxed, sleeping face in awe with the urge to brush back the stray hairs that fell over his face but she knew that would wake him up. Another yawn left her mouth as the faint butterflies erupted in the pits of her stomach, not that noticeable but she still felt them. To be honest with herself, she hadn't actually fallen for a person as much as she had with Nana, a guy who couldn't even tell her his name.

She laid there, admiring his sleeping beauty that she couldn't take her eyes off for even a second before her eyes began to close again. She buried her face in his chest to block out the sun, to then drift off back into dreamland but before she could quite make it, she felt his hand stroke her head lightly. Followed by a gentle kiss on the top of her head which she found quite pleasant and calming.

For the first time in her life she was far from lonely, even though she did indeed have her brother and cousins, she still felt lonely as they would always do their own thing.

She felt like she had someone of her own, whom she didn't have to hunt or received shared love from. Her heart had yearned for it and now she finally had it but it still felt odd to her.

Did she deserve it?

Was she just using him?

She didn't even know his name.

Her heart didn't seem to care, but her head did.

And yet she was listening to her heart once again.

"I know you're awake, or are you asleep?...besides I wanted to say that my name is Jaemin... Na Jaemin, I shall tell you more about me from now on..."

He mumbled in a raspy tone as he had just woken up as if he read her mind, he had told her, even though he was unsure if she would clock on to who he was, his status or would she still not know. But as for Haneul right then at that moment, her stronghold had just collapsed and her head caved in to what her heart desired. She didn't think about anything else or what connections his name had to anything, her heart took over and she fell right then and there.

"Jaemin... Na Jaemin, your name is beautiful. Thank you for telling me."

"I had no idea you could cook Mr Na, you really are full of surprises

"I had no idea you could cook Mr Na, you really are full of surprises."

She said in amusement as she twirled around on the stool at the kitchen counter, while Jaemin was cooking them breakfast. He couldn't help but smile every time she said his name, it felt weird even though it had been over two months since they had met. The way her eyes twinkled when she looked at him, making him get lost in them as they were staring right into his, making his heart skip a beat each time they made eye contact.

He was down hard, and now that the hole was dug so deep, there was no way of climbing out now. He served the different side dishes into bowls and set them out in front of her while watching her eyes look over the food in amazement like a child.

"These look so good"

"Oh my goodness, they look so yummy."

"I've never had that before, but it looks delicious."

She rambled on excitedly before pulling out two sets of cutlery for the two of them as he finished up and sat down beside her. She smiled sweetly, leaning over and pecking him on the cheek.

"T-thank you for the food."

She stammered out in gratitude, digging in, piling her bowl with food. Jaemin chuckled while his heart was ready to jump out of his chest and bounce on the walls around the room. She had kissed him, on the cheek, that was a step closer than he had expected but now his mind was racing with her.

But he didn't let it show, she was the same, she didn't know where the courage came from but she had just done what she had wanted to do since she had met him. But she had to hold herself back because he wouldn't open up to her and now that Jaemin had, there was no stopping her.

"Jaeminnnn~ that's such a cute name"

She subconsciously thought out loud, making Jaemin blush ever so slightly due to him not being used to his name coming out of her sweet cherry lips.

"What should we do today? got any ideas beautiful?"

He asked, the new nickname rolling off his tongue effortlessly, Haneul blushed slightly but thought about what they could do.

"You up for ice skating? I haven't done that in ages, I was supposed to go with my brother and cousins but we never got round to it?"

She suggested with a sad smile written on her lips at the thought of so many of her plans had been cancelled due to her family not wanting to do anything with her.

"Yeah, I'm not very good at it but I'm up for anything you want to do."

He smiled as he took a bite of his food, Haneul's face brightened immediately, she had such a passion for ice skating, from when she was younger and it was a career path she would have chosen but her father didn't approve. But she still enjoyed it as a hobby.

"Don't worry I'll teach you."

And you thought it wasn't going to be that sudden hehehe