32🌷

"Okay, I think that was the last of them

"Okay, I think that was the last of them."

Haneul stated as she watched Jaemin plate the last of the food, ready to be taken out to the courtyard. It was an hour before the event began and Jaemin had to take his blouse off to help her so he wasn't quite ready yet. He went to the sink to wash his hands while she fetched his blouse from the chair he had thrown it on.

"Jaem, I...I..."

She tried to say as the lump in her throat grew, she felt like she was being a burden again and this time she had had enough of it. She felt the tears whelm up in her eyes and her vision became slightly blurry.

"What's the matter, Love? Does it hurt, I can go get you some more medication?"

He offered, but she shook her head.

"I'm just sorry...for being a burden again..."

She sobbed, trying to wipe the tears away with her only available hand, but they were just too fast and too many of them. Jaemin felt his heartbreak yet again at the sight of her tears, he kissed her hand again before looking at her with concerned eyes.

"You're never a burden to me Haneul, you can't help being assaulted as you have been. I'm always going to be here for you."

He reassured her while rubbing circles into the back of her injured hand gently as he didn't want to hurt her. She sniffled and nodded before resting against the table. She opened her arms like a little kid, wanting a hug from him, which he gladly took, engulfing her in a warm bear hug.

"I could stay like this forever."

He spoke earning a muffled giggle from the girl he was holding in his arms. He gave her a peck on the head before resting his head on top of hers while smiling and soaking in her warmth.

"Me too, but you have to get ready for the party."

She reminded, making him sigh as he pulled away from her.

"Well good thing I get to spend every minute with you tomorrow."

He spoke, she nodded and smiled a bright smile up at him. She grabbed his hand with her non-injured one and pulled him close again, standing on her tiptoes so that she could crash her lips against his. His eyes went wide before he melted into the kiss. The kiss was sort and sweet but her heart was pounding for what she was about to say next.

"Jaemin I-"

"Your Highness, sorry for the intrusion but the guests are arriving and you're needed to welcome them."

A Butler interrupted, stealing Jaemins attention from her. He nodded and turned back to her.

"I'll see you later tonight, Beautiful."

Haneul was now dressed in a simple yellow dress with some white flats on that she had managed to dig out of the pile of dresses that she had chosen from the previous night

Haneul was now dressed in a simple yellow dress with some white flats on that she had managed to dig out of the pile of dresses that she had chosen from the previous night. Her free hand had now accompanied a glass of white wine as she stood against the wall of the room full of high-class people. She had finished everything and now the appetizers had been given out so she had nothing better to do but watch them bustle about without a care in the world.

She couldn't spot Jaemin anywhere but she knew he was amongst them, knowing that he fitted right in, she felt completely out of place.

"You feel out of place, don't you."

The King whispered from beside her as he had just walked through the doors that she was standing near.

"Ah, your Highness-"

"Just call me Daewon."

"W-well Daewon, yes I do and I dunno if I'll ever get used to it."

She replied, taking a mouthful of wine.

"I don't think I ever will either, Kyungmi just takes over when I can't handle it anymore and I think Jaemin will do the same with you. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing but you can't really get used to it."

Daewon explained making Haneul sigh.

"Yeah, it appears so...but may I ask you a question?"

She asked, awaiting his response.

"Yeah sure go for it."

"Do you...think me and Jaemin work well?"

His eyes went wide.

"It's not up to people to decide that, if you two think you work then, yeah you do but it's up to you Hun."

He replied before noticing the Queen and walking up to her, leaving Haneul by herself once again. She sighed, taking another sip of her wine.

"umm, Hey Han, do you want to go on a wander because I'm bored."

A familiar dolphin asked, making her turn to him as he was standing right where the King was previously standing.

"Ah, finally, yes let's go I have no idea what I'm doing, I was really contemplating whether to go to my room again."

She celebrated, linking her arm with his before making her way outside into the cold night air, taking a deep breath which only caused Chenle to laugh at her obvious relieved behaviour.

"Something tells me that you're out of place? am I right?"

He asked, Haneul sighed in response. She did feel out of place and the fact that she hadn't seen Jaemin since he opened the venue fuelled her discomfort even more. Her anxiety skyrocketed and she felt like she was on the verge of having an anxiety attack.

"Yeah, I've just been thrown into the deep end, I haven't seen anyone since the venue started and I don't want to go hunting for them in case I'm just gonna be a bother."

She anxiously blabbered, Chenle smiled, not because of what she said but because she was still the same girl he was best friends with all those years ago. The one that got him through his darkest times and she hadn't changed one bit.

"Well, you got me now so stop moping around and lighten up. You're going to be the Princess, soon to be Queen and you can't handle a venue like this, weak I say."

He teased, making her gasp.

"ZHONG CHENLE YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

Chenle to the rescue!!!