8☕

Haneul found herself standing in front of her wardrobe trying to pick out what to wear for -well her supposedly date with Nana

Haneul found herself standing in front of her wardrobe trying to pick out what to wear for -well her supposedly date with Nana. And since it was the first time she had seen him outside of work, it was quite nerve-wracking- well seeing that man, in general, was nerve-wracking as he was way too good for her. She thought about something simple since they were only hanging out at her house, as well as nothing too revealing as she might give him the wrong impression.

 She thought about something simple since they were only hanging out at her house, as well as nothing too revealing as she might give him the wrong impression

She twirled around in front of the mirror, satisfied with her choice of outfit before she slipped her slippers back on and headed downstairs. It was empty as always as her brother had gone back to work weeks ago. That's why she could invite Nana round for a picnic in her house- which she still had to set up.

"OH SHIT! HE'S GOING TO BE HERE SOON!"

Haneul had spent a little too long picking her outfit that she had to now rush the preparations for the picnic in her living room. She began by laying out the picnic blanket on the carpet and then rushing to her fridge to take out all the premade picnic food that she had made the night before after the call had ended with Nana. She had made dumplings and other really tasty food, enough for two people.

"I think I've pulled this out of the bag, considering it was a last-minute thing."

With that, she flopped back on the sofa and pulled out her phone, but as she did there was a knock on the door. Her eyes shot wide open while her heartbeat increased before getting up off the sofa and heading straight to the door.

She unlocked the door, opened it and was greeted with a light ginger orange-haired male who was smiling back at her.

"Woaahhhh your hair, I love it."

Haneul announced in awe before she even said Hello.

"Well hello to you too Haneul, I brought you flowers."

Jaemin replied cheerfully, revealing a dark red bouquet of beautiful roses that he handed to her.

"Oh, you didn't have to Nana, they're really beautiful, I'mma have to search my kitchen for a vase to put them in. But please do come in."

She answered politely, having not really received roses before in her life as they were a symbol of love.

'WAIT WHAT! Nah he probably doesn't know the real reason behind roses.'

She thought as she let Nana past her, there wasn't much space in the hall so when he passed her there was very little room between them. Haneul got a wif of his cologne, it smelt like lavender and dark ash which invaded her sense of smell like a virus that stuck. She was just eye level with his chest.

Her mind went wild, as the scenario of her snaking her arms around his neck and standing on her tiptoes to press her lips against his. Her cheeks became a light tint of red which thankfully he didn't see because he was too busy admiring her humble abode. He hadn't seen inside a normal house before and Haneuls house really captured his attention.

"S-sorry it's not much, me and my brother don't really want to move out of this place because it was our father's house that we shared with him as a family."

Haneul explained as she watched him look around the hallway and up the stairs with big eyes, she was scared that he was judging her home that she shared with Donghyuck since they moved here with their father.

"No, It's lovely, It feels homely and I like it."

Jaemin replied, his eyes landing back on her, looking into hers as she stared at him before she looked away out of embarrassment but his stayed on her.

"W-well, the lounge is through there and I set everything up so make yourself at home and I'll bring the drinks in."

She stammered, pointing at the door that she was now standing next to that led to the lounge where she had just set up the indoor picnic that was her tradition on Christmas eve. Jaemin nodded and passed her as she moved out of the way, into the lounge while she headed into the kitchen to grab the drinks and put the flowers in a vase.

She took a quick breather before walking into the lounge, meeting his eyes instantly, catching her off guard and causing her cheeks to tint a light pink colour. He was sitting on the floor, on the blanket that she had placed down earlier and he had been looking at the door waiting for her to come through it since he had sat down.

"I brought Marshmallows, Do you like Marshmallows?"

He asked her as she placed the drinks down on the blanket before trying to sit down, but her skirt wasn't allowing her to do so.

'Welp, a skirt wasn't a good idea was it you dumbass, now we can't sit down, nice one.'

She self criticized as she tried to think of a way to sit down and if she had any blankets laying around. As she looked around her, in a flustered state, Jaemin watched, first he was really confused. But then he realised what she was doing and took off his jumper while he saw how flustered she was trying to search for a blanket nearby.

"Here, take my jumper, your house is cosy and warm so I don't need it, so you can sit comfortably."

Haneul felt her heart skip a beat once again, taking the jumper, bowing in gratitude before sitting down cross-legged and placing his grey jumper over her lap. She looked up at him and instantly realised that he had his eyes closed.

'What a gentleman, can I just marry you already.'

She thought simultaneously before shaking it off and patting his knee.

"Nana, I'm done now, thank you."

She watched as his long lashes fluttered open slowly and his dark chocolate eyes stare right back into hers once again.

"Wow, you are really handsome."

I was a bit off about having the dating scene so early but I'm just letting it flow Ig

But like Haneul is a mood though.