38🌷

Haneul sat there in the infirmary for the second time that week, but this time she was alone, swinging her dangling feet forward and backward like the little girl that she had once been

Haneul sat there in the infirmary for the second time that week, but this time she was alone, swinging her dangling feet forward and backward like the little girl that she had once been. She was waiting for Jaemin to return with the butler who had just inspected her eyes for some odd reason. This all was so weird to her, how Jaemin was acting all of a sudden.

And then Jaemin walked in, with the brightest smile.

"I was right, your eyes, they have shards of Sapphire embedded inside of the iris."

"What?"

'Okay now that was crazy'

Haneul thought. The girl thought it was impossible because she had brown eyes for starters and sapphire was heard to be blue.

"All this time I thought I would have to find a physical shard but I never thought I would find it in somebodies eye."

Haneul blinked in confusion.

'Okay, my boyfriend is a nutjob'

She thought before looking into his eyes.

"So the crystal that people were searching for, for you...is in my eyes...But how is that possible."

"On the day of the accident...you and Jeno were unconscious...and I was still awake...so was Mum and she was slaughtered right in front of me...it wasn't an accident Haneul."

The couple faced the person in the doorway, her brother Donghyuck. His face was stern and serious for once in his life and that kinda scared them both. Haneul's heart broke hearing his words.

"They dragged you away before I could have the strength to do anything and I saw them put shards of something into your eyes but I had no idea it would have been sapphire. And I have no idea if they'll come back for it, you were taken to hospital and because of your amnesia you can't remember the few weeks you were blind."

Haneul was frozen as Donghyuck walked into the room, the fuze noise blocked out everything and thick salty tears lined her eyes. She shot up and rushed out of the room and began to sprint down the palace halls and straight to her room on the third floor and locked herself in it.

She had no idea what she was doing but she needed to soak in all this new information, especially the fact that her own brother had known about it since the whole thing happened and he kept it from her.

Her breathing was heavy and both of her hands were clenching her chest while she leaned her back against the door preventing anyone from entering. Her ears were ringing from the sound of the earth's hum, she was too overwhelmed with the whole thing.

She had been blinded for two weeks that she couldn't remember for some selfish hiding scheme.

'What if they came back for the shards?'

Just the thought of it began to make it harder for her to breathe.

"Haneul?? Baby let me in, it's going to be okay."

Just the sound of his soothing voice calmed her down slightly but tears began to flow instead and they were hard to control. She was scared for her life and what, or who, she needed to feel safe was on the other side of the door. Haneul managed to crawl away from the door to allow Jaemin to open it but he was waiting for her call.

Her sobs broke his heart and tears even lined his waterline. All he could do was stand there listening to her sobs through the door which he was desperate to stop.

"Haneul please let me in..."

The sound of the door unlocking and opening, made him break even more at the sight of her tear-stained cheeks and puffy red eyes.

"J-Jaemin..."

Was all she could slip out before breaking down but this time before she could hit the ground he scooped her up bridal style in his arms. The power he had over her was immense, she felt safe in his arms. He carried her towards the bed and sat down so that she was sitting on his lap while he stroked her upper arm gently to try and soothe her.

"I'll protect you, Angel, nobody is going to hurt you, you're safe okay."

It was as if he had read her mind or something, she began to calm down as he spoke soothing words that made her heart melt. He grabbed a box of tissues that were in her bedside cabinet and grabbed a few to dry her tears and help her blow her runny nose.

She eventually rested her head on his shoulder as the sobbing had taken all her energy and as well as that Jaemin always made her sleepy due to his calming aura.

"Well, at least there's a positive thing about all of this..."

He spoke softly making her look up at him as he was looking down at her intently. She hummed in response, not having the energy to open her mouth.

"The search is over for me, I don't have to worry about some girl coming to the castle with a real sapphire and demanding to marry me."

Haneuls eyebrows furrowed, the thought of someone else taking away her Nana made her furious. She sat up and adjusted her way of sitting so that both her legs were around his waist.

"Over my dead body, she would have had to of gotten through me first and I'd be equipped with ice skates."

She ranted with a burning fire in her eyes which made Jaemin smile at how cute she was when she was angry. The way she punched her fists in the air as if she was fighting someone made him giggle.

"Well I would have had to marry her regardless because that's the law"

Her eyes widened and then sunk, she wouldn't have had any power to stop it and he would have had to marry someone else that wasn't her.

"Well I guess now I have no choice but to make you my wife."