About This Book

Acknowledgement of Country

I want to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land this story was written on: the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. I pay my respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging. I extend that respect to any other Aboriginal peoples, Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and First Nations Peoples from which my readers read this story on.

Disclaimers

This book depicts characters of various races, abilities, and sexualities. First and foremost, I would like to clearly state I am a white, able-bodied woman who is bi-curious (attracted to men and women but started a monogamous relationship before I was comfortable in my sexuality, thus may never explore it). I have done my best to research the experiences of Aboriginal, Japanese, and below-knee amputees to inform the portrayal of the characters in this story, though I cannot speak from any form of experience and acknowledge there may be errors in my writing as a result. I do not intend to offend any readers of this story through my characters and its plot, so if you share similarities to the diverse characters I have tried to include in this text but find I am misrepresenting your community, please do politely inform me and I will see how I can rectify this.

This is a work of fiction and no characters or places are meant to resemble actual people or places. That being said, I have tried my best to include diversity in this book (as many of my other stories aren't as diverse) and also emphasise an Australian setting—as too many on this platform consist of American ones.

Age Rating

13+ — Suitable for a range of readers with mostly light-hearted topics covered.

Upload Schedule

I'm doing my best to update this weekly, but I am writing this book as I go (rather than writing the whole book ahead of publishing). I will finish this story, but if there are breaks in uploads please forgive me. I do have a full-time job alongside writing.

Other Books

Callie and Lexi's Kiss List is a standalone story and you do not need to have read my other works to follow the plot. Nonetheless, it does exist in the Positive Series, following the lives of Callie and Lexi, children of Cory and Lily who are the main characters of Positive 1 and 2.

This story also briefly references a character from 31 Days of Christmas.

While knowing these other stories will heighten your connection to the characters in this story, you do not need to know the others to follow along.

Topics

This book will reference topics surrounding: disability; LGBT+; Aboriginal people; sisterhood; family relationships; love; alcohol abuse (ever so gently explored); and issues pertaining to youth from low-socioeconomic backgrounds.

Reading Directions

This story is told from two Points of View: Callie's and Lexi's. The perspective is clearly indicated in the chapter title and banner artwork.