25: Lexi

Oops... slipped.

Thanks already to brightyeolie and jueka1

_____

As expected, the moment Callie, Sara, and I approached our history class after leaving homeroom, Ashton's gaze immediately sought out my sister.

"When do we enact the plan?" Sara said in a low voice as Ashton and Luke watched us coming closer.

Callie fidgeted with her hair, beyond mad about the mark Ashton had left at this point—mostly because too many had already teased her for it in homeroom, let alone the storm that was last night around dad.

'No daughter of mine is getting pregnant before she finishes school,' he hypocritically shouted even though both Callie and I had told him in three hundred ways that it was just a kiss.

'Just a kiss?' dad had retorted last night. 'Yeah, I can see that, Lexi. Just a kiss... on my daughter's throat.'

Of course, I wasn't going to bring up the dinner table that he knew I had done more with Mia... though the benefit of being a girl and only liking girls is that pregnancy was not a concern during sex.

Yet as we came nearer, Ashton put his books back on top of his bag—because Miss Brooks wasn't here yet—and confidently walked straight up to us.

And rather than being mad or trying to have a go at her like I expected, he immediately enveloped Callie in his arms, head burying into her neck.

"I missed you," I heard him breathe into her, and Sara and I shared raised eyebrows. Because the dude didn't even know my sister...

He pulled back, eyes searching her face.

Then finally, Callie let out a, "How are you even talking to me?"

His expression wavered, but he threw it away with a grin. "What do you mean?"

"I mean... after the weekend..."

He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, revealing the hickey he had made for everyone to see, and said, "Of course I want to talk to my..." But he cut off, warily glancing at us. "Can I talk to you in private, actually?" he then said, a little more quietly.

But while Callie's eyes blew wide, we were thankfully saved by the teacher approaching the room.

Reluctantly, after Miss Brook's words to 'know the time and place, Ashton', he released my sister and forwarded back to his bag, grabbing his books once more.

Yet unfortunately that wasn't the end of him.

Callie forwarded in first, and Ashton quickly darted past before Sara or I could make it in. Immediately, he pulled up the chair next to my sister, and she craned her head, sending Sara and I a 'help me' look.

We both ended up taking the seat behind them. And as Miss Brooks called the roll, Sara leaned over and said, "First break, save Callie."

"I agree," I said in a low voice.

And as we watched Ashton's hand grab Callie's under the desk, Sara then whispered, "Good thing she has maths with Flynn next..."

Ashton tried and failed to walk Callie to class. As she slowly made her way—Sara and I warily tagging behind her this time—it didn't take long for Flynn to come rushing our way, almost crash-tackling Callie from Ashton's grip.

"Do you mind?" Ashton hissed at Flynn.

Raised eyebrows with his arm still around my sister, keeping her on the other side of his body away from Ashton, Flynn replied, "Mind what?"