Chapter 24

He turned around, a small frown on his wide lips. "Of course I am. You didn't know that?"

Like it was obvious...

...It was obvious.

"It doesn't matter," You said, shaking your head as he began to walk away again.

"Where's Polnareff?" Jotaro asked after a moment of silence. You looked around, just now realizing he wasn't there.

"He went for a walk," Mr. Joestar answered with a sigh. "He feels responsible for Avdol's death, so he didn't feel like he should come inside."

Avdol walked into the room holding a tray of mugs.

"But Avdol's not dead." You titled your head. Had they still not told him?

-

"Hey, guys! Don't be shocked!! Guess who I met!" Polnareff exclaimed, sprinting out of the forest with wounds all over his body. The stupid grin on his face was odd, considering how beaten up he was.

"Listen! Don't be shocked, Jotaro! Be prepared, Kakyoin! Y/n," He turned to you, his smile even larger. He leaped toward you, his arms wide. With one big swoop, he picked you up and lifted you in the air. "Gueeeess who I found!"

Jotaro grabbed your collar, peeling his hands away from you. As Polnareff excitedly turned to Mr. Joestar, he placed you back on the ground in front of him.

"Ta-da!" He yelled, making way for Avdol. "Avdol is still alive! Hahahaha!" Avdol walked past him.

"Okay! Let's go now!" Mr. Joestar huffed, picking up the luggage.

Polnareff stood there, his mouth open in shock. He was only silent for a second before he began to freak out.

Hah...

-

"We're going to cross the red sea in this?" Jotaro asked in disbelief as he finished climbing down the ladder to the submarine. He held his hand out, motioning for you to take it as you reached the bottom.

You took it, stepping onto the ground, and looking around. It was amazing. Huge. Expensive...

"Do you want coffee, Y/n?" Kakyoin asked as he walked over to the machine.

You thought for a moment. You'd never had coffee before... but it always smelled disgusting whenever you made it for your father. You had to smell it every single morning whilst you cooked your parents' breakfast. It wasn't a happy scent.

Shaking your head, you replied, "No, thank you."

He made five cups and placed them on the table where everyone sat.

The scent of the steaming beverages was suffocating. You couldn't stay near it for long. You stood abruptly and walked to the corner.

Jotaro looked at you in confusion, but you waved him away, taking deep breathes where the scent wasn't so strong.

Suddenly, you heard Mr. Joestar yell, "My hand!" You turned around to see his hand flying off, everyone standing as the enemy appeared.

Just as quickly as this happened, it disappeared into the surface.

-

This Stand was powerful. The water was coming in quickly. You were in trouble.

You hurried into the next room, Mr. Joestar quickly explaining how to assemble the scuba gear.

"It's much harder with just one hand! Does anyone know how to dive?" He asked, looking at each of you expectedly.

"No," Polnareff answered.

"No," You and Jotaro said in sync.

"Uh... no," Kakyoin added last, everyone staring at him blankly.

Mr. Joestar sighed, explaining further what each important piece did.

Finally, you were setting out, the water filling quickly with every second.

"J-Jotaro," You hesitated.

He turned to you quickly, sensing your worry, which resulted in his own. "What?"

"I can't swim," You stated, looking in alarm at the rising water.

His eyes widened in realization. "That's right..."

"Don't worry, Y/n-Chan!" Mr. Joestar exclaimed, patting your shoulder with his still intact hand. "Just kick your feet and push the water in front of you aside like this." He put his arms together in front of him, pushing them apart like he was swimming.

You nodded, copying the action. He smiled, patting your back before you all put on your oxygen valve before being submerged by the water.

It was frightening. You couldn't smell Jotaro... you couldn't smell anything. You couldn't feel the sturdy ground beneath your feet. You couldn't feel the air around you. You were floating as though there was nothing around you. It was frightening.

You did as you were instructed, kicking your legs back and forth whilst doing the arm motions Mr. Joestar showed you. You were able to move, but the horrifyingly deep and dark waters around you were terrifying.

Jotaro swam beside you, glancing in your direction every few seconds to make sure you were safe. He knew you weren't OKAY, but there wasn't much he could do about that at the moment.

You made it to two tunnels that looked like a good hiding place, but when you looked down, you saw the Stand's face. You nearly screamed when you saw its huge teeth opening, sucking you inside.

Your efforts to swim away were useless, your body moving against your own free will toward the bottom of the ocean.

(843 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! (φ(◎ロ◎;)φ)