Chapter 72

You searched everywhere for Polnareff, Avdol, and Iggy, but they were nowhere to be found. You could hear the sounds of their battle with another Stand user, so they were undoubtedly in the building.

     Suddenly, while beginning to make your way upstairs to search for them, a woman appeared in your path. She was crying and begging for you not to kill her, but you still approached her with caution.

     "Ah! Please let us both go!" She pleaded, standing with shaky legs and reaching for your arm. You didn't pull away, but the hand that grasped your skin made you scoff.

     "I'm not a victim, and they're not DIO's men, so don't worry," You assured, a warm smile on your face.

     "Yeah, we're friends," Jotaro said blankly as he brought out Star Platinum, immediately punching the woman in the face. Her skin was covered in blood, and her teeth fell out as he pulled his fist away.

     However, she continued holding onto your arm, filling you with complete disgust. "Friends of justice," Jotaro spat.

     The woman, or rather, the man let go of my wrist and screamed in horror. "Impossible! How did you see through my ability?!"

     "So growing a face on the back of your head is your ability?" Kakyoin said, a small smile on his face as he spoke.

     "If you use the back of your head," Mr. Joestar began. "You have to turn your legs and arms the right way."

     The man looked at his arms, which had forgotten to turn, just as Mr. Joestar had said.

     This idiot...

     "Where's DIO's room, idiot?" Jotaro asked. The man seemed very offended by Jotaro's words and attacked him without hesitation. "You're a vampire like DIO? Then let's see how invincible he is. I'll use you as a test subject."

-

     "DIO!" A familiar voice suddenly yelled. You all recognized it immediately and headed in its direction. It was Polnareff's voice, and it was close by.

     "We shouldn't go directly there, Mr. Joestar," Kakyoin said as we ran in Polnareff's direction. "DIO can't be underestimated, and we don't know his Stand's ability."

      "Youre right, Kakyoin," Mr. Joestar agreed. "We've checked every single room on this floor, so it would only make sense that they'd be upstairs. There are windows on the staircases, so we'll go through there to protect ourselves as much as possible."

     You all nodded and went through with that plan.

     As you broke through the window, Polnareff was standing in front of you. His face lit up quickly as he saw everyone, and he greeted each of you with relief.

     Looking up at the top of the stairs, you saw a glimpse of a dark shadow loving away from the sunlight. It must have been him. The man you'd journey fifty days to find...

     "DIO!"

     "Wait!" Polnareff said as you all began to climb the stairs. "Before we go, you should know I've experienced his Stand. I was walking up the stairs when suddenly I would be back down at the bottom," He explained. "I've only experienced it, so I don't understand what it is."

     You all looked at him in silence, taking in the information, until Jotaro suddenly asked, "Where're Avdol and Iggy?"

     You looked around, only then realizing they weren't there. You looked at Polnareff expectedly, and the long hesitation before he spoke worried you greatly.

     "They... won't be joining us," He answered, his head low shamefully.

     Your eyes grew wide. Won't be... joining us?

     "What?" You spoke without meaning to. "What do you mean? Where are they?"

     You must have been misunderstanding him. Did they leave because they were thirsty? Maybe they didn't want to fight DIO anymore.

     "Because of me, they-!" Polnareff continued.

     You felt your nose begin to sting, your heart begin to speed up, and your mind begin to spin. It was impossible. It couldn't be...

     "Is that so?" Mr. Joestar quietly said, accepting the fact.

     You felt a single tear fall down your cheek as they all began to walk up the stairs, leaving you frozen in disbelief. Everyone... But Jotaro, who stayed standing beside you silently.

     Neither of you said a thing. Neither of you moved toward each other to be comforted or to comfort. You simply walked up the stairs far behind everyone else, silent tears dripping from your flooded eyes.

     Iggy...

     ...Avdol...

     ...I'll kill them...

     ...for you.

(729 words) Thank you for reading! There's more, so continue on to the next chapter! (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ