5: Wax on, Wax off

I know this story is fanfiction,
but I want to do some original parts, you know? Make it my own. So I won't always be focusing on the movies — at times.
I want to Focus on developing Leta as a character and her journey, her relationships with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Windu, and perhaps a certain Padawan.

I might take inspiration from the Clone Wars episode here and there, but again, I really want to make it my own:)

Anyways thanks for reading!
Enjoy the story, and don't forget to comment and vote:)

✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

Once again, I woke up in an unfamiliar bed without realizing I had gone to such a bed. I rubbed my sleepy eyes, trying to wake myself up, but all I wanted to do was go back to sleep and waste the day away.

Is it even morning?

I didn't care to discover as I closed my eyes, snuggling back into the warm bed, comfy with fluffy pillows and a soft blanket. Then I heard the swish of a door. I popped my head up, only to see the dark Jedi approaching me: his dim eyes looking at me intently.

I wondered why he was here...
Oh, wait, I proved my value by showing off my new powers and passing out — the one Jedi out of a room of Masters. The one where I wanted to hide under a rock and never come out  — was interested in being my Master.

"You've awakened; I trust you are feeling better?" He asked, his voice low and monotone. I ignored him and pulled the covers over my head.

He ripped the covers off the bed without even touching them!
I hate to admit it, but that was pretty clever of him. I didn't want to be a part of whatever he had planned. So I stuck my tongue out, and I turned away.

"You are to become a Jedi," Windu announced. "I am your Master, and by the looks of it, I'm a good choice; you need a firm hand."

I sigh; suddenly, becoming a Jedi seemed a lot less appealing. I turned to look at Master Windu. His face had no visible emotion, which wasn't helping my reluctance.

"Your training begins now, Padawan."

✧༺♥༻∞ ∞༺♥༻✧

Windu wasn't kidding; he asked me to run laps around the training ground in the courtyard near the base of the temple's central spire. I wanted to take a moment and soak in the fresh, crisp air and the heat of bearing sun. But I really desired to play on a beautiful elder tree in the heart of the courtyard.

It reminded me of home — It called to me — like a mother beckoning her child.
But the first thing my new Master told me was not to touch anything. I argued, of course, because there were times I was an idiot, and that was how I ended up in a marathon.

I felt my chest burning. It hurt to breathe, and my legs were sore. I didn't know how much longer I could keep going. So I stopped to catch my breath, wheezing hard like the worst case of Csillian flu plagued me.

I swear everyone around was gaping at me, then running in the opposite direction as if I was going to kill them with my I'm out of shape disease. They were wrong. I was the one who would die from a lack of oxygen.

I put my hands on my knees as I bent down. Sweat dripped down my face, chest, just everywhere — sticking to my new Jedi robes as if I had dipped myself in glue. I continued to gasp until I saw a shadow looming over me. I sensed Windu's frustration with my apparent lack of... exhausting myself to the brink of death. Which, ironically — was the point.

"Did I say you could stop Padawan?" He questioned with that; I don't give a crap about what you want, glare.

"Does it look like I asked," I said breathlessly, barely raising my head to gawk at him. I shouldn't have said that. I looked away, my chest rising up and down like I was about to have a heart attack.