Chapter-3

In afternoon, Manav's mansion -

*Bang*

The voice came from Rajveer's room. Manav was in his study room. When the voice came he turned and thought

Manav (in mind)- I've just settled down... There goes again.

He went inside Rajveer's room and saw that Rajveer was standing on the pieces of a flower vase, his feet were bleeding. The servants got worried and Manav got a little angry but somewhere he was worried too.

Manav- Rajveer! It won't be beneficial for you if you continue your antics!

Rajveer didn't listened to Manav and broke one more vase and looked towards Manav. Till the time Manav had gotten very angry.

Manav- Tell me, what do you want?

Rajveer- She doesn't want me! (He said in a lower voice but anger was there too).

Manav- She's not insane. Why would she want a troublesome kid like you?!

Rajveer- ......... (he didn't had any word left with him to say).

Manav- (made Rajveer sit on the couch) Before negotiating with me, you'd have to consider your situation first.

Manav treated Rajveer's wounded feet.

Rajveer- (stares at his feet)

Manav- (with a calm voice) Rajveer, can you think about the pains your father is going through?

Rajveer- (turns his face to other side)

Manav- If you have a request, say it. No one has the duty to dote on you unconditionally.

Rajveer- I want Dr. Unnati to accompany me.

Manav- Hmm, I'll see what I can do for that. Ohk?

Rajveer- (nodded)

Next day morning, in Max Hospital -

Unnati was walking out from operation theatre went towards restroom, removed medical gloves and while washing her hands she thought -

Unnati (in mind)- I spent the following week busy with work. I've more than 2 operations to perform a day, working myself to the bone. I thought it would be a difficult week, but you didn't even realize time had past. I checked my phone and saw the flood of messages from Garima. It was already 9. I read all the messages which Garima sent.

(Author's POV- I'm writing their chating in capital letters so please don't get confused)

GARIMA- UNNATI, ARE YOU COMING?

GARIMA- IT'S BETTER IF YOU DON'T COME. VIDHI AND NICK ARE REALLY ANNOYING. VIDHI IS SHOWING PUBLIC DISPLAY OF AFFECTION, BUT NICK STILL HAS SOME PRIDE AND DIDN'T PLAY ALONG WITH HER.

GARIMA- VIDHI IS TRYING OUT WAYS TO TRY AND GET INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM US. BUT I IGNORED HER. NOT SURE IF OTHER CLASSMATES WILL SAY ANYTHING.

GARIMA- I HEARD THEY'RE WORKING AT THE NEUROLOGY DEPARTMENT IN ANOTHER HOSPITAL. THEY'RE WORKIG AS ASSISTANT CHIEF PHYSICIANS THE MOMENT THEY GOT IN. THIS MAKES ME BOIL UP.

Chat ends

Unnati kept her phone in pocket and went in her cabin. She sits on her chair, rests her head on her hands and started thinking -

Unnati- (in mind) I'm already 26, single, and my resume doesn't look good. My classmates who didn't get better results than me went overseas for further studies, and are working as chief assistant physicians in very famous hospital the moment they return. I started working the moment I graduated, and used up my remaining free time to continue to improve myself. I have more clinical experience than them, and I won't lose out to them in my technical skills too. If ..... If I had took the chance, how would it turn out?

Her cabin's door opened a little. Unnati thought that it was Emily so without seeing towards the door, she said-

Unnati- Leave the documents on the table, I'll sign them later.

She didn't got any response so she looked up and saw that it was Manav. He went towards Unnati and switched off Unnati's computer.

Unnati- What are you ---

Manav- (removes her jacket)

Unnati- Mr. Manav, We're in public! Please behave!

Manav- You're tired. I'll take you home to rest.

Unnati- We aren't close, enough of such inappropriate actions!

Manav- (holds Unnati's wrist gently and asks) Inappropriate? Which one was it?

Unnati- Let go!

Manav- and what if I don't?

Unnati- Manav, don't take my kindness granted!

Manav- Then, don't be ----

He was interrupted by Emily

Emily- Uh- Dr. Unnati?

Unnati- (sighs) Mr. Manav's son is having problems. I'll have to take a look. Leave the documents on my table, I'll sign them tomorrow.

Emily- O-Ohk.

Emily left the cabin.

Unnati- What exactly do you want?

Manav- Dr. Unnati, Marry me.

Unnati- huh, Since when are we that close to be talking about marriage?

Manav- I'm serious.

TBC

What will Unnati say to Manav? Stay tuned know that.

Hope you all liked it

Take care

#dfxff