Chapter-7 •[101°F fever]•

Manav entered his

Manav (in mind)- She just went off like that?

Manav picked up his phone, turned it ON and saw Raj's and his photo. He saw the next photo and seeing that photo he smiled. Yup the photo was of Unnati.

1 day later

In the Hospital

Unnati was going towards her cabin when she saw the crowd of her colleagues (girls). When Emily saw Unnati. Emily went towards her and said-

Emily- Dr. Unnati someone is looking for you.

Unnati- Who?

Emily- You'll get to know

Unnati- (while moving forward) Excuse me, please. Thank you!

She went inside her cabin and saw Manav standing there.

Manav- I need your help.

Unnati- This is hospital, unless you're sick, I don't think I can help you with anything else.

Manav- Raj's condition is a little unique, I need you to come with me.

Unnati- What happened to him?

Manav- We'll talk on the way there.

They both sat in the car and Manav said-

Manav- Raj had a fever last night, but he won't let anyone touch him except for Tanzeel, my sister and me. Our family doctor is out of ideas.

Unnati- He might not want me to touch him too.

Manav- May not be true. He likes you.

Unnati- (looks at him)

Manav- (got anxious)

Unnati- What did Rajveer did?

Manav- He injured his feet a few days ago, the cold weather caused his injuries to heal slower than usual. He isn't letting anyone close to him. He switched ON the air conditioner last night and kicked the blankets too. Today he caught cold.

Unnati- I see.

They reached Manav's mansion

Unnati got out of the car and got shocked as Manav's mansion was so pretty and big.

Manav- What's wrong?

Unnati- Uh- Nothing, where's Rajveer?

Manav- Second floor.

They went inside Raj's room. Unnati looked at Raj who was sleeping on bed.

Unnati- Did you check his temperature?

Manav- it was 101° F before I went looking for you.

Unnati- That's too high for a child. Are there any medicine at home?

Manav- The family doctor has prepared it, But Raj won't let the doctor touch him.

Unnati- Check his temperature for me. I'll take a look at the medicines.

Unnati was looking at the medicines when her gaze shifted on Manav. She was staring at him when Manav also looked at her.

Manav- (smiles) Fell for me, huh?

Unnati- (looks down) Did you get his temperature?

Manav- Still 101° F.

Unnati- I'll have to give him an injection to reduce his fever and put him on a drip. Any allergy?

Manav- (was staring at her) No!

Raj was in Manav's arms and Unnati injects Raj's foot.

Manav- Be good, don't move.

Unnati got done with injecting him.

Manav- (To Raj) It's alright now.

Unnati- It's done, just press it down for a bit.

When he pressed it, Raj started moving.

Manav- What do you want now? I'm out of ideas....

Unnati- Shall I give it a go?

Manav- I've spoken with your supervisor, you'll be here for the rest of the day. I've an important meeting at 10, and 6 will be the earliest I will be back. During this period, I need you to take care of him. The servants will tell you what to do. Raj only let me, my brother-in-law, my sister and you touch him. The servants are helpless. (He said while patting her head)

Unnati- (blushing) Th - Thanks.

Manav left while smiling. Raj came in Unnati's arms and Unnati smiled seeing him.

TBC

Hope you all liked it

Take care

#dfxff