Chapter-4

Unnati- Oh? You are really a serious person to be proposing to someone you've only met thrice. (She said while crossing her arms and leaning her back on her desk).

Manav- (He pulls her closer by her waist and makes his forehead touch with hers) Who says you can't marry the person you've met three times? With the right person, you can register marriage meeting once. With the wrong person, you can date for 10 years and still draw a line between each other. I'm sure that you're someone who can be with me for the rest of my life. Which is why I want to marry you.

Unnati- Tell that to someone else. I'm sure lots of women would like to hear that.

The door was open as Emily forgot to close it. Unnati's colleagues were passing when Manav got more close to Unnati, held her wrist and pulled her towards himself by her waist. The colleagues saw them and started murmuring and whispering. When the colleagues went away, he distanced himself from Unnati. Suddenly a person called out Unnati's name.

Unnati (in mind)- This voice..... I think its Nick's voice.

Unnati- Sorry, please excuse me. (she said while rushing out of her cabin).

Nick- Un - Unnati!

Scene shifts in Hospital's car parking area

Unnati- (puts her head on the steering wheel) (in mind) Why did Nick come to the hospital? What does he want?

Suddenly the car's gate opened Unnati looked up to see Manav standing there. He said-

Manav- Move to the passenger seat. I'll drive.

Unnati- Manav, if you want to fool around, get someone else. I'm not up to it!

The very next moment Manav picked up Unnati in bridal style, closed the Car's door and made her sit on the passenger seat. He drove away from the hospital's car parking area.

He stopped the car when the traffic light signaled red light. He looked at Unnati who had fallen asleep till the time. While staring at her he thought -

Manav (in mind)- If not for her, that accident that involved my brother and his wife....

Flashback of the accident day
15 December, 2011:-

Unnati was going somewhere when she saw an upside down car and 2 people. There was a man and a woman who was pregnant, the man died but the woman she was barely able to breathe. Unnati quickly ran towards her and said-

Unnati- Stay with me! ..... Just a little more, your child is born safely.
For the sake of your child, You've to stay with me!

Flashback ends

Manav (in mind)- If not for her, Raj won't exist. That night was the second time I saw her. The first time I saw her when ......

Flashback

When she was done with operation of Manav's sister-in-law, she was going but police barriers were blocking her way so she said-

Unnati- Make way! I'm a doctor.

That's when Manav saw her the first time.

Flashback ends

Manav (in mind)- I'm not planning to give up. (He thought while smiling)

TBC

Hope you all liked it

Take care

#dfxff