Chapter-35 •[In danger or safe?]•

As I came out of the bathroom, I was pulled and pinned on the wall by Manav.

“What the- Manav! Leave me, I have to go to work…” I said.

“But you have to go at 8:30 and it’s 7:30 only. You still have an hour left. Let’s do it again, shall we?😏” Manav replied.

“Let go of me, I don’t have time. Also we did it last night, why would you do it again?” I said, coming out of his grip. His face showed dissatisfaction and disappointment. I laughed looking at his face and before he could do anything, I left from there.
After having breakfast, I left for hospital.

“Good morning, Emily!” I greeted as I walked in.

“Morning, Dr. Unnati. Is your fever alright now?” She asked out of concern.

“Yep, I’m fit and fine. Now let’s get started with our work or the hospital head will be angry if they saw us not doing any work 😂” I replied.

“He surely is scary when angry😂. Btw Dr. Unnati, Dr. Garima wanted to meet you at lunch time. Looks like she wanted to tell you something serious…” Said Emily.

“Ohk, I’ll talk to her. Thanks for informing…” I replied before sitting on the chair and checking the reports of a patient.

As I looked through the reports, tension started to spread on my face. This child needs to be admitted and have a surgery immediately, or it would be very difficult for us to save her afterwards…

“What happened Dr. Unnati? Why are you looking so tensed? Is there some problem with the child in that report?” asked Emily as she also got worried looking at my tensed face.

“Yes Emily, even if some children of her age are underweight, then the minimum they can be about is 24.5 kg if they should have 30 kg but this girl’s weight is 17.5 kg… If her parents didn’t admit her now, then I don’t know how will we save her because it will become more complicated than it is… She can even lose her life because of malnutrition… Can you do me a favor?” I said.

“What is it, Dr. Unnati?” She asked.

“Can you tell Navika’s parents to come in my cabin?” I replied.

“Sure!” She replied before going out to call them.

After sometime they came in my cabin and they were also worried.

“Dr. Unnati, can you please help? We don’t have that much money for admitting our daughter here… Please save our daughter. Can you please start her surgery? We will try to somehow pay the fees but please save her life. 🥺” They said while joining their hands.

“You don’t have to join your hands, sir and ma’am. I will try my best to convince the hospital head, you can go back to your place for now, if he agrees for starting the surgery I’ll inform you both right away. Also, please try to get money fast if you can’t, then I’ll try to get the amount of fees decrease a little…” I replied.

“Thank you very much, Dr. Unnati. We shall never forget and try to repay your kindness. We’ll take a leave then, thanks a lot.” They said before leaving.

I went in hospital head’s cabin after knocking and requested him to start the surgery of Navika, at first he denied but after thinking for some minutes he agreed. I called Navika’s parents and told them about that, they thanked me a multiple times again and then ended the call.
Soon, it was lunch time and I went in the cafeteria. I sat on one of the seats and started waiting for Garima. After few minutes, she entered the cafeteria and after looking here and there she finally saw me and came towards me.

“Garima, what is it? You are looking so worried…” I said as she sat down.

“Its my stupid brother, uh- I don’t know what am I gonna do to him after I find out where he is! Enough is enough, he has made so many debts! Every day one new person or more come at my apartment to take money… from me, Istg if one more came to my apartment today I am going to kill that person! What does he think of himself, I don’t need money for living? Only he’s the person who needs money? Gosh, I’m very frustrated! Unns please help me, or I’ll end up in a mental hospital 😭” She replied.

“Shh Garima don’t cry! I will try to help you, tonight only I’ll transfer 100,000 rupees to you. Alright?” I said hugging her and caressing her back.

“Unns please save me from that idiot or I’ll get bankrupt because of him and then you’ll have to come in mental hospital to meet me😭” She said.

“Nothing will happen to you Garima, I am here for you… Ohk?” I replied.

“Hmm” She nodded before resting her head on the area, near my collarbone.

“By the way, yesterday’s night was fun na? 😏” She smirked looking at me.

“Wh-what? H-How did you know that?” I asked blushing.

“You think I’m blind? It’s clearly visible over there Mrs. Unnati Chabra. 🤭”

“ahh- stop teasing…” I said.

After having my lunch cum teasing session, I returned back to my cabin. I was doing some work on my laptop, when I got a call from…

TBC
From whom did Unnati get call? Is she safe? If not then what will happen with her?
Stay tuned to know the answers and if you all want, you can comment your guesses too. As I would love to read them.
Also, sorry for taking 7 days to write this chapter...
Take care and Byee
Love you all