- The News -

*1 day ago*

Time really does fly when you're having fun. Being the Captain's Second in the Crownguard fulfilled me, in more ways than one.

My 21st birthday passed a couple weeks back, the same goes for Soren's 22nd. They weren't big celebrations, but lovely ones all the same. Claudia had just turned 18 and boy, that was a blast. Prince Ezran was now 10 and Prince Callum 15 in two months. Life was quite nice to say the least.

It all started as an ordinary day: I woke up at 7am for an hour of training with Soren, then had a meeting with King Harrow to catch up on the crop growth plans, and after that, Claudia took me out for lunch. Following our lunch I accompanied her to the library and helped find some books. As usual, they were all on dark magic.

In my opinion, it is horrible to kill living creatures for personal gain, no matter if they're magical or not. I never voiced that opinion around Claudia though.

As Claudia and I made our way to the courtyard, I spotted Soren and Callum in some friendly swordplay - training it looked like.

Claudia was well engrossed reading while walking so I jogged ahead to stop near the boys, observing their match.

Soren aimed a killing blow at Callum, causing him to fall.

"Dead, again," Soren declared.

I chuckled but extended an arm down to Callum, "Soren gives no mercy," I told him.

Callum laughed at that, "thanks, (Y/n)," and although he said my name, his attention was solely on Claudia walking past. She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings and was strolling straight towards a tree.

"Hey your sister, she's gonna walk right into that-?!" Callum mentioned frantically.

Soren put a finger on his lips and giggled, ACTUALLY giggled, "I know, wait for it..."

Seconds stretched on and Callum looked as if he was going to implode, "CLAUDIA!" He shouted right before she made impact.

Claudia froze and turned around, "Oh, hi Callum!" She yelled with a smile

"You're no fun," I heard Soren whisper.

"Is this new?" She genuinely questioned, pointing towards the tree.

"Yes Claudia," I said, "at least it would've been, a couple hundred years ago." Soren laughed at my comment while Claudia just shook her head grinning. She took a seat on the bench and resumed her book.

Soren and Callum started up again.

About a minute into their sparring, Callum was still standing, surprisingly. That was until he went to sweep Soren's left leg with his mock sword. Soren merely stood on it, rendering Callum stuck.

"How many times have I told you, sweeping the leg isn't a thing in swordplay!" He said it as though Callum has tried many, many times.

I laughed. "Sweep the leg is totally a thing, Soren," I told him, walking forward as he released Callum. "It is actually- wait, what is that?" I said, staring and pointing at the sky behind him.

Soren manoeuvred his neck to look where I was pointing. "Huh what is what-"

I made my move.

I hooked my ankle behind his left knee and tugged, sending him off balance and falling to the ground. Boom.

Swept the leg.

"Totally a thing," I announced, lacing my words with as much cockiness that I could muster.

"Wow, Soren you just got your ass handed to you," Callum stated. Complacent pride filled me as I stood over Soren and looked down at him, he simply laughed.