- A New King -

Morning comes and to be honest, I have no clue what's happening.

Many people gather in the Throne room, including those of high ranking and Katolis citizens. Again, I don't know why.

I stand next to Soren, his sister on his right. Claudia and him seem to be on iffy terms after last night events.

It was pretty hectic.

So I just make small talk with Soren, he tells me all about what he did this morning.

Until the doors open, interrupting his breakfast menu, and Viren walks through.

The whole crowd gasps, including myself.

Yes, Ezran took his spot in that cell, but I thought he would still be under probation.

Not walking freely into the Throne room.

He merely strolls along before turning half way into the room. "Today, is a new day!" He shouts, arms up in the air. "Katolis has a new king and a new royal line."

This bitch. Like hell he'll become king.

"Wait!" Opeli emerges from the crowd, "Lord Viren, King Ezran had abdicated." She clears up, "But just because he stepped down does not entitle you to take his place."

I couldn't agree more. Viren smirks, standing face to face with Opeli. "Oh? And why not?"

"Because we have laws," she stresses, walking around him and speaking to the people. "Our laws tell us there is a way to choose a new royal line," she explains. "It's how we've done things for centuries. Only orphans have a right to ascend!"

Soren nudges me. I gently shove him back. No way I'd want that responsibility. I don't even think a solo Queen is allowed.

Viren simpers, "my parents are dead. Does that count?" She scowls at him. "Does anyone else here share Opeli's concern?" He questions.

No one moves.

So I step forward.

"Personally, I believe you are not above the law, Viren." I simply state. His eyes travel to his son behind me. Anger pools within them. Probably wanting to say something about putting me on a fucking leash again.

He looks to Opeli, "I'm afraid you have misjudged the situation terribly. One supporter isn't many." He shoves past her, walking up the dais steps.

He balances his staff against the throne, then goes to pick up the Crown. "I am the law." He announces, turning to place the Crown on his head.

He seats himself, the room completely still.

The same guy with the weird hat speaks up, "All hail King Viren! All hail the King!" He chants.

The crowd joins in, swarming the centre of the room.

"All hail the King!" They repeat.

Soren and I don't join in. From the corner of my eye, I see Corvus grab Opeli. He speaks to her in a hushed tone and she locks eyes with me before leaving. I go to nudge Soren but he already see's them.

He offers me a hand, before we sneak out a side door.

He knows the hallways better than I do. We run through corridors until I hear Opeli and Corvus speaking.