- Family Reunion -

The strip of white that once sat nicely in her hair has grown. Now it's half and half, pure white meeting ebony black in the middle.

It strikes me, in this moment, that her hair lost colour when she healed Soren. In order for this much to have gone white, she would've had to do something huge. Like bloody bringing someone back from the dead.

Viren is alive.

Squeaky's wings are flared defensively as he snarls and growls to protect us. Claudia just stares. "(Y/n)? Soren? You're alive?"

Soren dismounts, sticking his sword into the earth. "Claudia? I- is that you?" He seems cautious, as he should be. I don't put away my weapons though. Seated atop Squeaky I have one in each hand.

Claudia's eyes flick between the three of us. Assessing. Judging. Contemplating. "Why?" She mutters, "why?" Anticipation seeps through my senses. "Why- why are you wearing your undergarments?" She finally spits out.

"What?" Soren looks down at this muddy pink clothes sceptically. Then he remembers, "oh! Yeah, so, (Y/n) and I realised our new dragon friend is afraid of shiny things that clang," he explains. I can't help looking deeper into the bush, contemplating what's behind Claudia. Why is she alone? "So we took our armour off," Soren concludes.

She tilts her head, it's a half confused, half annoyed sort of gesture. "And under your armour, you wear that?!"

He scoffs at her, "they're super cute and super comfy... duh." I make a coughing noise in my throat, letting him know to carry on. "Yes," Soren tells me, "enough about our undergarments, Claudia," he pauses, throwing up his arms to making a point. "You have to stop trying to release the greater evil that the world has ever known!"

His sister groans, entirely unimpressed. "I knew you wouldn't understand!?" She folds her arms, turning her back to him.

"Okay," I say now, clutching both weapons and sliding off Squeaky's back. I put my sword in the dirt but hold my dagger tightly. "What do you even mean by that?!" I exclaim to her backside.

Soren lowers his head slightly, "Claudia..." he pauses, "if you won't stop," he glances at me and I nod my head, sympathetic of course, but reassuring. "Then we will stop you."

I watch her body tense at those words. Soren goes to approach her slowly, reaching out to touch her shoulder. I notice Claudia's hand rummage in her bag.

"Soren wait!" I yell, taking steps forward. But then the glowing purple object hits the ground, and thick purple dust explodes around us. "Shit," I complain, not being able to see anything. I find Soren quickly due to his coughing. "Grab our swords," is all I say, before running off in the direction of Claudia.

She's breathing heavily, clearly nervous, and I catch up to her easily, tackling her to the ground. "Don't do this, (Y/n)!" She pleads dramatically, but it's just a distraction. I small rock smashes into the side of my head and I fall back. She's not the strongest, by a long shot, but it still hurts.

Claudia begins climbing the nearest tall tree. I feel trickles of the hot wet liquid kiss my cheek. "Claudia!" I scream at her, now really pissed off. I start climbing the tree after her and she's chanting in a different language. She finishes, getting to a branch and jumping off. I try to reach out to grab her, but above my head, she grows wings.

This bitch flies away.

I groan. Sitting in the crook. That's when I see Soren. "Squeaky!" He exclaims, "boy you found her!" They get closer and Soren quints his eyes at me "(Y/n) why are you bleeding again!?" I laugh, and as they soar past, jump onto the back, careful of the weapons and hold onto Soren.