- The Princes -

It took us a decent number of days to reach the Princes. I don't really know what we were going to do once we got there. I told Soren and Claudia multiple times they couldn't kill the Elf, who happened to have a name. They said they wouldn't, but I had to be careful. Fear causes people to be rash.

Tonight, we know we are nearing the Princes, so we tie the horses to a nearby tree and wait.

Soren had gone on a lookout scout about 5 minutes ago and just returned. "I found the elf," he tells Claudia.

I immediately jump to my feet, "Where?"

Claudia looks at me, a hand outstretched, like I'm a freaking wild animal, "we can't kill it, right?" She slowly pulls a Ocarina out of her bag. It is no time for music.

The question and instrument catch me off guard. "No, Claudia, Rayla isn't a threat to us or the Princes."

"Soren, cover your ears," she said and brought the Ocarina to her lips. Soren's hands slowly make their way to either side of his head. His gaze remains fixated on me.

"Clauds, what are you doing?" He questions her as she begins to play a tune. The melody echoes through my mind.

"Claudia-" I go to take a step forwards but suddenly feel faint. My knees buckle and I hit the mossy ground. Why the fuck was she doing this to me? I clench my hands hard into fists.

"Claudia!?" Soren urges, somewhat defensively, maybe he's unsure of what his sister's tool does. My eyelids suddenly grow so, so heavy. I feel my head start to to fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stir from where I lay, I doubt I could have been out longer than a minute. I unclenched my fists, four crescent shape indents embellish both palms. When I recognised the song, it was a bit too late to induce 'pain' to prevent the trance, but it still helped. Having these memories back are really helping.

I stumble my way to my feet, thinking back to the direction Soren came from.

I spot him and Claudia. His sword is raised?

Rayla. She lies lifeless beneath Soren, most likely under the trance. I try to run or shout but I'm still slightly dizzy and disoriented. My faces finds the cold ground. Shit.

I crane my neck upwards to see Soren lower his weapon. I exhale in relief, taking my time to regain control. I make it to my feet while him and Claudia are mid conversation. They settle on something and Soren begins counting down from three. I stand behind him, my own blade raised, ready for him to hit one and make some badass comment.

But quicker than me, Rayla moves: sweeping his leg. He hits the ground hard, although a sword still in his hand.

"Aha!! You swept the leg!!" I cheer. The Moonshadow elf seems grateful, albeit confused by my apparence.

Soren looks up at me, guilty. I tilt my head at him with silent annoyance and stand beside Rayla. He gets back to his feet. Claudia babbles "But- how did you two resist the sleep spell!?"

Rayla answers first, "hard to sleep with a thorn poking into you."

Claudia looks at me for an explanation, "nails" I say simply, waving my fingers.

Rayla unsheathes her twin daggers. Soren sets his feet. This wasn't going to end well. "Guys we don't need to fight!" I say, wedging myself between the pair.

Two responses at the same time.

"(Y/n) she's an elf!?!?"

"(Y/n) he's a human!?!?"