- A Dragon -

Soren and Claudia both woke a couple hours later, I would guess around midnight. Both left for a couple minutes and came back with horses. Phillip and Claudia's black mare. I wanted to ask where and how they got them but was just too tired. I really should've slept.

I try to get up but remember my hands are tied. It was not a graceful start to the day, that's for sure. I look over to Corvus and find Soren adorning the tracker's bound hands with a nice long rope. To most certainly pull him by while riding horseback.

A fucking leash.

I wanted to see how far Soren would go. "Only Corvus gets the pleasure of that?" I ask cockily. Slightly hating myself for what I'm doing but he straight up lied to my face and did appalling things.

I'm not letting go easily.

The question doesn't appear to phase him, we're both trying to control our emotions it seems. "Why?" He inquires, raising an eyebrow, "do y'a want one."

I smirk at him, a vile gesture that spreads across my face. "I mean, you're sort of on a streak when it comes to doing what 'Daddy' says, so how about you finally put your bitch on a leash." I spit out the words.

I know it was a low blow but shot it anyways.

It hit its mark.

His whole arrogant facade breaks with devastation. He remembers the comment his father made just as well as I do. "(Y/n)-"

"Do it, Soren," I hear Claudia say as she comes into the clearing. "I'm sorry (Y/n) but you would run away or find a way to untie Corvus and that's just- It's just safer it's she's tied."

I extend my already tethered wrists to Soren so he can bind the long strip of rope. Déjà-vu.

When he's finished, his eyes lock with mine, just for a moment. Last nights words echo through my head.

I wonder if they float around in his.

He loves me.

But this isn't love.

Love isn't meant to hurt.

And this hurts too much to bare.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Once we're in town, we can ditch Corvus in jail or something." Soren's voice interrupts the forest's tranquillity. "Finally be done with him."

We had started walking an hour back, Soren keeping a hold of the tracker's rope. Claudia gripping mine.

"What about (Y/n)?" His sister questions. Its funny how such nice people do such bad things. I doubt either of them mean to be cruel. With a father like Viren, I bet it just worked out this way.

Soren observes me, "Well she's not going to jail," he makes clear. Claudia nods in agreement. "But if we let her go she'll either look for the Princes or some how announce what we tried to do...." His thought trails off. "We'll see," he tells his sister.

Claudia puts a strand of hair behind her ear, the action discouraged. "We're so far off Callum and Ezran's trail now. Do you think we can catch up with them?" She asks.

Soren doesn't hesitate. "Of course we can! We promised Dad." I see him regret those last words immediately, but he masks his emotions with a confident expression.

He promised me, but that turned out to be fake. But oh when he promises Viren something evil, that- that is what matters most.

Corvus's voice clears away my thoughts, "you know, I could help you track them... if you untied me." I'll admit, the guy had hope. This was the third time he tried to get himself free.