- The Big Dragon Mission -

How do you kill a Startouch elf?

I've started asking myself this question ever since Viren got away. We know we need to kill Aaravos.

But how?

We arrive home in Katolis that same night, the Dragon Queen returning us safely on her back. Maybe it's morning my now, I realise, as the sky seems to lighten. Far out I'm tired. My bruised joints left me unable to find comfort. However, Soren, Callum and Rayla snoozed their way into a catnap - the former leaned up against me. He's warm. Soren is always warm.

Ezran stayed awake. I could tell there was something on his mind.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I inquired.

His once furrowed brows had softened. "We need to do something, (Y/n)," was his reply.

I understood the basis of his words, there's a lot of shit we need to do. Shower is a main thought on my mind. So I questioned him further.

"Aaravos," he made clear.

How do you kill a Startouch elf?

First, you find out where they are.

"Zubeia mentioned that other Archdragons knew of Aaravos," I mumbled. "They could help us find him." Once I saw Ezran's eyes light up at the comment, I knew we had a journey ahead of us.

I just wanted a shower first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we land in town square, I jog to my room, strip down, and get into the shower.

The hot water is glorious at first, to have soap again. That is until it trickles over calloused hands. I wait for the expected sting as water rushes over open wounds, but I look down to realise they have healed over.

Faint, glossy white strokes remain.

"You'll go on to help many people, (Y/n)"

The thought of Runaan is bittersweet. Knowing how he is so close. But at the same time, so far.

We spend 3 days at home. The Kingdom is bustling with people upon their King's arrival. It's good to see Opeli again. I respect her deeply for looking after this place.

It's extremely exciting to see Beth and Thiago. They seem so happy together. Some simple girl gossip is well overdue.

On our third day back we have a council meeting. It's... good. Ezran makes clear that we needs to find the Archdragon of the Ocean.

Him and Callum have obviously done some research, since he motions to a large box in the corner of the room. It is clear to me that Callum will sit this adventure out. I know deep down it's because of Rayla.

Ezran stands, and gives us all a choice in the matter, if we want to join him and the Dragon Queen. He asks Soren first, to which my partner glances at me, before standing, undoubtedly agreeing to stay by Ezran's side.

As the two if them are standing, I feel Ezran's gaze so I look up at him. "I'll give you another minute to think, (Y/n)," he smiles. I'm thankful that Soren is smiling at me too.

Over these past theee days, those cursed coins have wracked the forefront of Rayla's mind. Her parents are trapped.

Runaan is trapped.

Corvus' chair scraps against the ground as he stands, pledging to join his King, I expect nothing less from the man. When the council finally looks at me again, I plaster on a smile. "You'll find me at your side once again, King Ezran," I promise as I get to my feet. Ultimately the choice is simple. I trust Rayla and her abilities - plus, Callum will be with her. I need to stay with Ezran because he is, not only, my King, but first and foremost a friend.