- Surprises -

2 years have passed.

It's honestly incredible how fast time flies. I'm like a different person. The same person, but different. In the way that people are, as time goes by.

Two wonderful birthdays have come and gone. Although now at 23, I'm worried that time is running out for marriage.

However, I don't really give a shit a about that.

I mean Soren is is 24, so like, he's more screwed than I am.

Nothing has advanced with us. I wish I could say I'm different to the bloody oh 'we haven't spoken about it since' cliché, but that's closer to the truth than saying everything is perfect. I really cannot complain though. We have fun basically most days, and we see each other, obviously, with our work in the Crownguard. We have talked about the journey.... Not the kiss. But we went through a lot together, and it's hard to erase that.

Still, to my dismay, 2 dam years have gone by and we haven't done anything personal.

Anything serious.

Anything... more.

I mean, he is still the best Captain of the Crownguard that the world has ever seen, and I'm still close by his side. The flirt game is going strong. But since 'evil' has settled down, life is busy with trainings, meetings and our own alternating schedules.

We work alongside King Ezran (gosh I love this kid) and it's incredible what he does at such a young age. I know he misses Zym greatly, as he lives with his mother in Xadia. He is the Dragon Prince after all. 

Then there's Callum, who, what the fuck, became Katolis' High Mage. He is absolutely amazing. Although he hates the title (I think it makes him feel awkward) but I know he deserves to be proud. However, Rayla's departing didn't do him any good, I know how much he loved her.

But so did I.

She gave me the choice, actually. To go back to the Storm Spire and look for Viren's body with her. I contemplated it, having time in Xadia. However I didn't know how long it would take, what things would come up and cause delay. It was a hard choice. But then I saw Soren that same afternoon, it was clear Rayla had talked to him about my decisions, because he hugged me and told me I'd do great with her.

And that's when I knew I should stay. I chose him once before and he became a new person out of it.

I think I made the right choice.

On a nicer note, my favourite thing to share is probably the information I received from Janai about her proposal plans for Amaya. I was so happy for them and knew she would say yes. That should be happening any week from now. I spent a chunk of time over the past 2 years learning a bit of sign language from spending time with Amaya. I think Spencer is with her and Gren at the camp, River left for there yesterday. Him and I have spent some time together over these last two years. He's truly a good guy. I'd consider him a close friend, even though his existence annoys Soren sometimes.

Soren has had some rough days, with Viren's death and Claudia's disappearance. No one know if she too died. I'm not sure if we ever will.

I don't tell Soren that I hope she doesn't come back. Unless she has changed.

Although I think he feels the same.

Viren was no father to him. He was a dictator and a liar. A horrible person. I'm glad he's gone.

But basically, life has been good. I'm happy.

It's winter season and as I walk the hallways with Corvus and Soren, my gaze becomes lost in the droplets of rain that cascade down the window. This endless race to the bottom sill.