Chapter 3 Kick A Puppy

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Jennie wanted to know what Lisa meant. Unfortunately, the music halted. It was then she noticed no one else had been dancing. She was so swept up in Lisa's world, that she had forgotten about everyone else. As if lost in a trance, Lisa had enraptured her, body and soul.

"This time, it's my turn to disappear at midnight," Lisa cooed, her lips brushing upon Jennie's ear, tickling the sensitive flesh.

Her taunt rang like bells in Jennie's ears.

Jennie's pale cheeks flushed a bright red that put tomatoes to shame. "I didn't mean to leave!" she blurted out in a meek, frantic voice.

The idea of her fleeing in the middle of the night, haphazardly dressed, left her mortified. Her dignity and etiquette were long forgotten. It felt like she was a man afraid of being caught cheating by his wife, thus running from the mistress' bed in a hurry.

Lisa certainly stared at her like a scorned mistress. Especially with her narrowed eyes and daunting smirk.

"I would love to stick around and discuss more the cold bed I woke up to, but I have places to be, people to meet, and humans to kill," Lisa said.

Jennie nervously laughed. The sound was cut short by Lisa's piercing glare. Lisa's smile remained, but her eyes were cold. Jennie's blood chilled.

Without another word, Lisa spun her back to Jennie and walked off. Then something tested her restraint.

A tiny hand tugged her sleeve. Jennie was like a sullen child.

"How the tables have turned," she bemused. Jennie was always full of delightful surprises, wasn't she?

One minute, Jennie attempted to flee from her, the next, she clutched onto Lisa. Jennie pinched the edge of Lisa's sleeve with her thumb and forefinger.

"If you wanted me to stay so bad, dear Jennie, you should've begged for more that night."

"How rude," Jennie snipped.

When Lisa sharply turned around, baring her red eyes for Jennie to see, she did not shrink back in fear. Although, Lisa's abnormally calm smile certainly frightened her. Lisa was the type of woman to laugh in the face of Death herself.

Jennie cursed her wretched hand. She dropped it as if Lisa's touch had burned her. Lisa was eerily still. Full of mysteries and sins, Jennie should've run far, far away from her. The second Lisa released her, she should've dashed for the hills.

"Your name," she finally said. "Y-you never told me that night, and I—"

Lisa's smile widened, her eyes redder than freshly spilled blood. "I did tell you my name, dear girl. If I didn't, how would I know yours?"

Her tone was a gentle lull, her face friendly for the time being. Despite her frigid gaze implying otherwise.

Jennie's fingers trembled. She had made a mistake. A drastic one. Not only did a human step out of place, but she had also grabbed a Vampire. Now, she had revealed another flaw.

It was then that the world came back into focus. The whispers, the inquisitive stares, the startled people. Background chatter buzzed in her ears again. Reality had made itself known. The hierarchy was deeming her a crazy girl, who had sealed her fate by grabbing a Vampire.

"I-I don't remember much of that night," Jennie confessed. "I'm sorry—"

"Why do you stammer?"