Chapter 86-Tongue Ripped Out

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"Your Grace, are you certain you're not hungry?" Stella worriedly asked. "The snacks have been sent to your office, but it'd be better for your stomach if you enjoyed a nice, hot meal."

Jennie shook her head. Lately, she hadn't been feeling too well. She felt queasy whenever she looked at food. Everything was either too oily, too salty, or too light. She didn't understand why. The chefs haven't changed and neither did the recipes.

"I'm fine," Jennie asserted with a slight smile.

Jennie continued walking down the hallways, the sun high in the sky, and the hallways brightly lit. Her attention drifted towards the beautiful garden outside, where the flowers were always in full-bloom, the grass ever so green, and the sky a breathless blue. She couldn't help but stare and stare, until she noticed something bizarre in the distance.

Jennie came to a startled halt. For a split second, she thought she saw a tall, white stoned tower. It was the kind that hid a princess, and the knight must dash up the stairs to save her. But when Jennie blinked, the tower in the distance was gone.

Was it just a figment of her imagination?

"Your Grace?" Stella asked, her eyebrows tugged together.

"Did you see that?" Jennie asked, pointing towards the distance.

"See what, Your Grace?"

"A tower..." Jennie trailed off, realizing how stupid she must've sounded. Pressing her lips together, she shook her head.

"Nevermind," Jennie said. She proceeded down the hallways, wondering if the light was playing tricks on her. She let out a small sigh and turned the corners, heading straight to her office.

Since Lisa was already aware of her tricks, Jennie would continue to play them. The snacks had to be fed to Asher. She would get an answer out of him, bit by bit, until there was nothing to learn from him.

Jennie turned her attention back to her footing and noticed Evelyn was already standing by the doorway.

"Your Grace."

"Evelyn," Jennie addressed.

Jennie headed into her office and picked up the basket of snacks. "I'd like to enjoy a picnic outside," she declared to Stella.

Evelyn rapidly blinked. She began calculating the risk and benefits of such a situation. What would the public think of her if she was enjoying a picnic outside? Would that make her more relatable, or would that make her uncivilized?

It'd be better to know how humane the human was... The word 'humane' intrigued Evelyn who always found it funny that it was named after humans.

"As you wish, Your Grace," Evelyn quickly said before Stella could object.

Stella resisted the urge to groan. She turned to Evelyn and glowered at the young woman. A picnic? With the strong wind? And blinding sunlight? The Queen would be roasted alive outside!

"Stella shall make the preparations, right?" Evelyn teased.

"Stella doesn't want to," Stella grumbled.

"The more hands, the better," Jennie remarked with a slight smile.

Evelyn and Stella exchanged glances.

"I'd like to rest in my office a bit," Jennie admitted. "I feel drained from today's interactions, even though the day has just begun."

Stella was instantly worried. She nudged Evelyn a bit, wondering if one of them should stay behind.