Chapter 23 - Stoop Low

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"You're welcome to walk the grounds as you please, enter every room that is not locked, and behave as you deem fit, so long as you don't wreak havoc everywhere you go."

Lisa glanced down at her, in particular, the wrist that continued to resist her. "Though, I doubt you possess the ability to even knock over a vase."

Jennie's gaze narrowed. She looked like she wanted to slap Lisa, but violence was not her forte. Or so, she recalled. Crown Prince Kaline had trained his daughter as a son, but the young child cried whenever she saw a pitiful or injured thing, even if it was a bug.

"And punishments?" she asked.

"Only in bed."

" Lisa," she seethed.

Another teasing smile rested upon her lips. Seeing her try to act so tough was hilarious. When she glared up at Lisa like that, chest heaving with aggravation, Lisa wanted to do nothing more than to push her against the wall.

"Yes, darling?"

"Will you hurt me?"

"Only if you want me to."

" Lisa!"

"How many times must you scream my name outside of bed?" Lisa dropped her wrist, and side-stepped, knowing she was going to rebel.

Surprisingly, she didn't.

Jennie grabbed her wrist, cradling it whilst glaring at her. There wasn't a single scratch mark on it. Was she feigning pain? Lisa was certain the grip was not unbearable, and that she was not in pain.

"That's a lie, isn't it?" Jennie said. "It sounds too good to be true. T-there has to be a catch."

Lisa raised a brow. Had she gone soft just for her? Nah.Lisa just planned to take advantage of their situation later, and trap her in a position she could not escape from. Her lips curled into a sinister smile. Yes. That would be the only way to keep her here, in her little cage for her personal viewing. No one else.

Especially not the pesky rat in black that was always hovering over her.

"Well?" she asked in a lowered voice, her confidence suddenly wavering.

Lisa was lost in thinking for only a second and she was already hesitating. She needed to capture her before she suddenly backed out.

"The catch?" Lisa echoed. "What could I possibly want from a petite little thing like you?"

Jennie wasn't even offended. She opened and closed her mouth, finally speechless whilst she searched for an answer. Lisa was right. What could she provide?

"I... uhm..." An idea came to mind, but it was absurd.

"Well?"

"Isn't the ball thrown to search for a Queen?" she blurted out.

Lisa's lips twitched. She said it herself. Lisa didn't imply it. "I suppose."

"You suppose?"

"Go on," Lisa said whilst ignoring her previous response.

"I... I can take the burden off of your hands and you don't have to continue the search anymore," Jennie stated.

Her hands tightly clenched the sides of her dress, wrinkling the fine material. It was an absurd request of hers to make. But this was the exact purpose of the ball, was it not? Even if she hadn't made the announcement, everyone thought the same. Why else were there so many esteemed daughters invited?