Chapter 62- Don't Mind Me

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

 Jennie was surprised when she saw Easton. Jean and Jenny had just finished dressing her when there was a swift knock on the door.

"Easton," she said in a curious voice.

"Princess," he warmly said with a large smile.

Jennie glanced at his expression. For once, she saw his true colors. It was a forced smile that strained his good-looking face. She hadn't realized it before, but the twins were quite handsome. He had hair the color of dark chocolate, but his eyes were a striking grey, like the roll of the skies before a storm cloud.

Maybe this was why so many women were staring at the twins. They were a pair that was difficult to look away from.

"His Majesty is preoccupied. You will be dining alone if that's alright with you?" Easton asked, but it came out like a definite command.

Jennie slowly nodded. That was fine with her. There would be fewer people watching her.

"Lead the way then," she said without much enthusiasm in her voice.

Easton quickly nodded. "If you will." He gestured for her to step out of the bedroom.

Easton swiftly observed her outfit. She wore a lovely white dress that flowed with each step she took. It was cinched on her waist, with puffed sleeves that reached her elbows. The dress was elegantly paired with selective gold jewelry that enhanced her beautiful eyes.

He noted Jean and Jenny's excited expression. They must've enjoyed dolling the Princess up. It had been two days since she was in the castle, and there was already a lot that changed about her.

"Why isn't his Majesty joining?" Jennie curiously asked. He was staring at her intently, and she was beginning to feel weird.

Jennie liked today's outfit. Whether or not he also liked it, she couldn't care less. It wasn't like she was going to be seeing someone of importance today. Speaking of which, she heard about the council that dictated Wraith. However, they all had to answer to His Majesty. The council always made a decision first before they requested anything.

"He's occupied by personal business," Easton responded with ease. He didn't even hesitate as he masked the truth. It had become second nature for him to fluidly lie.

"I see," Jennie said with a nod.

Jennie wondered about Lisa's "personal" business. It was early in the morning, but he should've begun working by now. With his busy schedule, it would be impossible to tend to personal business.

"You didn't have to lie," Jennie commented with a slight smile.

"I—"

"This way to the dining room?" Jennie asked whilst already beginning to walk down the hallways.

"You're quite intelligent, Princess," Easton commented. He effortlessly caught up to her, until he was just half a step behind her. It wasn't an entire step, since he was also from a prestigious family.

It was custom for no one to walk in front of the Queen, except for the King himself. She was supposed to walk behind her husband. It was custom to do so.

But Jennie always had a mind of her own. Easton remembered seeing her tirelessly catch up to His Majesty's footsteps. She was adamant about walking beside him.