Chapter 64- Protect Her Family

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"Did you sleep at all?" Jennie asked him, despite all of his affection nudges. His lips teased the side of her face. Wherever he touched, her skin would heat up. She had recalled it happening before, during the cold night.

"Vampires do not need as much sleep as you humans do."

Jennie knew that, but she was still worried about him. "Then, why are you so irritated today?"

Lisa raised his head. He pressed his lips into a thin line. She was so tiny, he couldn't help but sigh. His figure alone swallowed her tiny ones. With his wide back, nobody would even know she was in front of him.

"Trust your husband, my sweet. Don't worry about the blood and the shoe." Lisa observed her reaction. Yet again, she was severely disappointed, the light in her verdant eyes dimming. It reminded him of leaves without sunlight.

Lisa always believed Jennie would run from him. He knew she could freely disappear without hesitation. She reminded him of a dandelion. A gust of wind could take her anywhere but here. His grip tightened upon her waist.

She could leave him if she wishes, but he'd chase her without hesitation. Even to the ends of this world, he will chase her.

"My husband...?" Jennie repeated with uncertainty. "We've yet to be married."

Lisa narrowed his eyes. Did she enjoy provoking him? "Have you decided to just be my mistress instead?"

"No."

"Then it's husband," he said.

Jennie rapidly blinked her eyes. Why did she have the feeling he was taking this one-year thing more seriously than her? She thought back to their conversation last night. Was he serious? Did he truly plan to lock her away in this castle?

To test the question, she lifted her head. "I'd like to leave the castle to visit my family."

"You have a family?" he rebutted.

Jennie gawked at him.

"Are you not an orphan, my sweet?" Lisa asked, whilst brushing the hair away from her eyes. She had lovely strands that framed her delicate face.

"The Marden family—"

"Did they not abuse you?"

Jennie's expression turned cold. She pushed him away, and he let her. She was offended by his wording.

"No, they d-did not," Jennie finally responded.

Lisa crossed his arms. He threw her a pointed look, that implied he knew better. "So if I told you to lift your skirts and bend over my desk, you'll say the same thing?"

Jennie's face instantly flushed at the thought. Did he have to say it like that? "I'm tired," she finally said. "I don't want to have this conversation with you."

Lisa raised his brows. He let out a small scoff. Without warning, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the door.

" Lisa!" Jennie finally raised her voice, just as he began to pull her down the hallways. Everywhere they went, people bowed at the sight of him, a few stopped to gawk and stare. She wasn't surprised by this effect.

With Lisa's dark hair and ruby eyes, he was an unforgettable sight. People would always be forced to take a second look.

"Where are you taking me—!" She yelped when he instantly grabbed the back of her legs and lifted her. Her eyes went wide, as she held onto his shoulder to prevent herself from falling.