Chapter 81-- What She Wanted

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***     

Soon, the celebration came to an end. The guests left, satisfied and well-connected, having made their networks and enjoyed good food. The air was still lively and good-natured, even though everyone had left, and it was just the servants cleaning up.

Jennie and Lisa stayed long enough to bid farewell to the last guest. As they walked out of the ballroom and down the corridors, Jennie couldn't help but glance at Lisa every few seconds.

There was something she wanted to say, but didn't know how to. Her mind knew the words to utter, but her mouth hesitated. The dark hallways with the lights turned off also did not help her nerves, and neither did the lack of people around them.

Jennie tucked her hands together and continued watching the moonlight fall breathlessly onto his sharp face. The moon was high in the sky, glistening with a beauty that none could compare, except the King of Wraith himself, with his pale, healthy skin and impeccable features.

"If you're going to sneak glances towards my way, be more discreet," Lisad rawled. He turned his head and glanced at her, his lips twitching when she jumped and quickly looked away, like someone caught eavesdropping.

"I wasn't sure how to ask you the question," Jennie said.

"What is it?"

"Why do you and Lydia argue so much?" Jennie naively asked. He laughed at her question, the sound ripe and hearty. It warmed her stomach and fluttered her heart.

"Out of all the friends in the world you could've made, you just had to be friends with that irritable woman."

Jennie jolted. "Lydia isn't irritable. She's a great friend. Well, there are times she overreacts, but she has always been good to me."

"You're too fond of her. She is loud, obnoxious, and rude. Perhaps her kindness towards you is her only redeeming trait."

Jennie came to a stop. He did not.

Lisa knew she wasn't following him, for her heels had stopped clicking like small fireworks on the ground. He continued walking, his long feet carrying him down the corridor. He only stopped when he turned the corner, and was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly, he heard her loud footsteps, bursting on the ground, and envisioned she had lifted her dress to walk easier, but angrier. She was upset at being left behind, her thundering heels the embodiment of her anger.

"That brute, how can he just leave me standing there!" she fumed, turning the corner and bumping directly into him.

Jennie yelped. Two hands steadied her, grabbing her elbows. Without warning, she was shoved upon the wall, her lips captured by a mysterious stranger. His tender touch, his feverish mouth, and the low, masculine groan was enough for her to know who it was.

Lisa kissed her deeply and vividly, molding her lips to his. He released her elbow to grip her chin, tilting her head so their mouths were perfectly aligned. He kissed her like a starved man eager to taste nectar.

Jennie was dizzy and growing light-headed, the air leaving her lungs. Her back was pressed against the wall, her hand gripping his muscular upper arm.

His body leaned close to hers, one leg pressed in between her thighs. His lips twisted into a smirk, almost as if he could feel the heat radiating between her legs.

"I've been wanting to do this the whole day," Lisa muttered upon her lips, letting her breath, only to kiss a path from her chin to her jaw. He pressed open-mouth kisses on every exposed part of her neck before softly pecking the spot he always loved to bite into.