Chapter 89-We Can Change

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Lisa stormed towards the door and flung it open. He was humored by Jennie who jumped and shrank back, a sheepish smile on her face. Holding back a smile, he grabbed her hand and began tugging her down the dark staircase.

"Lisa-"

"Hush."

Jennie clamped her mouth shut and glanced back. The light from Dorothy's tea room was bright. It was almost like the light at the end of the tunnel, but it grew fainter with each step. She saw the shadows move on the wall and heard the sound of Dorothy slowly closing the door.

Once they reached the bottom of the tower, Jennie tried to talk to Lisa again. "I wasn't looking for trouble. Initially, I was just hungry."

Lisa quirked a brow, glanced at her, and chuckled. He pulled her through the gardens, into the castle, and downstairs, where the kitchen was.

"Would you like a sandwich?" Lisa mused. He was far too tired to scold her for wandering outside, by herself, in the middle of the night. Didn't she know monsters lurk in the dark and feast on little ladies like her?

"Yes please," Jennie instantly said.

Lisa smirked at her eager face. He had seen it before, but rarely for food. It was always in bed. He flickered the lights on in the kitchen and heard her soft breath. He didn't blame her. The kitchen was in the latest of arts, with gleaming countertops, and shining equipment. It was clean and spacious, just how he liked it.

"Let's see..." Lisa trailed off, glancing around.

Lisa tugged her towards one of the enormous refrigerators and opened it. Sure enough, a large array of ingredients was in front of him. He frowned, realizing it was all vegetables. Nonetheless, he grabbed the lettuce, onion, radish, and tomato before moving onto each individual fridge.

"Lisa," Jennie whispered, like a small child. Her eyes darted from left to right.

"Yes?" Lisa responded, opening another fridge where he found the meat. Specifically, the wagyu beef that she enjoyed last time. He grabbed the meat and an egg before moving onto the other fridge.

"Where's the ice cream?" Jennie asked in a quiet voice, as if it was a sin for her to eat such a decadent food.

"We'll find it once you finish the sandwich. Now go and take a seat by the countertops."

Lisa watched as she pouted and sulked her way to the countertop. Once she sat herself down, she glared at him like he had just shooed away a puppy before she could pet it. He simply chuckled at her disgruntled reaction and placed the ingredients in front of her.

"You'll enjoy the sandwich more than the ice cream," he chided.

"Why?"

"Because I made it."

Jennie was wary of his comment. Did he even know how to cook?

Jennie watched as he rolled up his sleeves, revealing his toned arms. She gulped at the veins that popped out on his arm, like chords of ropes. With his thick and long fingers, he picked up the salt and sprinkled it onto the meat. He turned the meat around and patted the salt and pepper, each movement deliberate and slow.

Jennie imagined what those fingers had done to her. She thought back to the shower, steamy and wet when his fingers had touched her clit and slid in between her folds-