Chapter 34 - Proper Apology

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

Let's continue

***

"Alright," Lisa mused. "Hand it over."

Jennie didn't know how he saw it. But he did. She wanted to protest and say it was for her protection. Then, she lifted her gaze towards his handsome face. He was too good looking for her poor heart to handle.

Lisa's red eyes became the color of black cherry, the bright hue no longer visible. He wasn't angry. However, his brows were taut together, revealing he was going to be displeased if she disobeyed.

"Liddy doesn't mean harm," Jennie slowly said. She hid her hands behind her back, offering him a slight smile.

Lisa didn't take no for an answer. He never had to. Thus, he closed the distance between her, his figure like a tower over her. She was a head shorter than him. With flats, she was even shorter.

She reminded him of a small child hiding the stolen cookie from her parents. She was earnest in expression, her eyes a blinding green.

Lisa reached a hand out and caressed the side of her face. She flinched in fear, her eyes squeezing shut as she shrank backward.

Instantly, his face froze over.

"Hand the weapon over," he said with displeasure.

" L-Lisa —"

"Give. Me. The. Gun."

Jennie's short, panicked breaths were loudly heard. She was trembling now, her head bowed. Her blond hair fell over her face, like a curtain. She was terrified. Not of him, but what he could do.

She was suddenly reminded of Viscount Marden's glower as he told her to lift her skirts and to grab his desk. Then, he would take out his cane and discipline the back of her legs, until she collapsed to her knees, and could not move for a few minutes.

"I-I w-will but y-you must promise t-to not h-hurt—"

"Darling," he softly murmured.

Lisa was instantly hurt by her reaction. She was stuttering more than usual. Something was bothering her, and he believed it was him. Her face had gone white as a sheet, and she looked like she was going to throw up.

"I've scared you." Lisa loudly sighed. He retracted his hand and took a step back. She was trembling before him, like a small prey before a predator.

Fuck.

When she looked at him like that, how could he dare to stay angered? He wanted to cage her in this castle, and placed her in a pretty birdcage for his pleasure. But he could not. He could never restrict her freedom, never trap her, and he didn't know why.

"Forgive me," Lisa muttered.

Jennie could not lift her head. She was still shaking.

Lisa's gaze darkened. Why did she behave like he had the guts to hurt her? He had never lifted a hand to her before. The thought of hurting her repulsed him. So, who the hell did it? Who was the reason she flinched like this? Who dared to lay a hand on his woman?

Without warning, he turned around. He would get to the bottom of this. And whoever was behind it, he would ensure they'd die of mysterious circumstances.

"T-that's n-not a proper apology..." she finally whispered out.

Lisa had planned to walk out of here. He didn't want to frighten her even more than he already had. With great reluctance, he swiveled upon his heels, until he was facing her.