Chapter 48 - Their First Time

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"You're lucky I'm so damn patient," Lisa deadpanned. He grabbed her hand and turned her palm around, worried she was injured. Seeing she was fine, and the regret on her face, he held back a sigh.

Lisa would deal with Asher later—in ways that Jennie should never be present. Soon, the entire Marden family will cease to exist. He suppressed a large, wicked smile. These fools won't know what hit them.

"I'm sorry," Jennie muttered.

Jennie pulled her hand back, and he let her do so. She felt a burning stare upon her skull. She turned her head, but his hand slipped into her hair, and kept everything in place.

"The ball is coming to an end. Let's bring you back to my floor," Lisa said. He forced her to look at him, his eyes flashing with warning.

"Don't I have to see the guests out?" Jennie stated. She was thrown off by his unexpected possessiveness. Wasn't all of this just an act?

Jennie believed the marriage would not last for more than a year. When the marriage ended, she thought her freedom was guaranteed and she could depart the castle.

"There's no need," Lisa said.

Lisa preferred to keep her hidden. He didn't want her pretty little face to be seen by everyone, even if he had introduced her before the entire crowd. He trusted her, but did not trust the guests.

"I was taught that i-it's the proper thing to do," Jennie responded.

"Why are you stuttering again, my sweet?" Lisa murmured. He grabbed her chin and forced her to look up at him.

Uncertainty reflected in her eyes. She was nervous about betraying etiquette. "It would be improper to not see them o-out."

Lisa's grip tightened on her waist. Was it so wrong to hide her away? This would be the first and only time Wraith would ever see their Queen? He didn't want her tiny shoulders to carry the weight of the world. He didn't want to see the light dim in her eyes, filled with greed for power.

"It will be fine, kitten," Lisa said.

"Sounds like the King is embarrassed to be seen with you, Jennie," Asher deadpanned.

Jennie's head snapped around. She saw the pointed look in Asher's gentle but infuriating features. He was not mad at her, but at the King. His words cut deep. Was it true?

"Spreading slander is another crime that won't go unpunished," Lisa mused. He grabbed her hand, and brought it to his lips, causing her attention to instantly go back to him.

Jennie was astonished by his actions. She quickly pulled her hand back. Her heart raced with fear. What was he doing? Seeing her frightened look, his smirk widened.

"Are you embarrassed by me?" Jennie asked with a befuddled look.

"What's there to be embarrassed by, darling?" Lisa asked.

Jennie's lips parted. She could think of a thousand things to say. Her stutter, her dreary shoulders, her unruly ringlets of hair, her short eyelashes, and so much more. But self-pity gets people nowhere in life.

"Seems like your pet thinks of otherwise," Lisa instantly added on, creating a sense of doubt in their relationship.

"Wait what? No, Jennie, I'd never think there was something wrong with you!" Asher instantly said. He took a daring step forward, ignoring the dangerous glower of the King.