Chapter 80-Something I Must Tell You

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Jennie faced the long, white steps leading up to the capital church. Her robes weighed heavily upon her shoulders, as they descended up the long, infinite staircase upwards. Thousands of pairs of eyes were glued to her, and she tried her best to not trip.

Left, right, left, right, left, right, she silently counted the steps in her head. In the corner of her eyes, she saw Lisa's lips twitch in amusement.

"Are you counting the steps yet?" he teased in a quiet voice that was nearly engulfed by the chants behind them.

Jennie struggled to not laugh. If she did, it would make the people curious of their conversation. She kept her gaze forward and head cleared.

Seeing her determination and earnesty, Lisa decided to not tease her any longer. He only wanted to quell her anxiety. Seeing as she was focused and level-headed, they proceeded up the steps in silence.

Jennie's shoulders were aching. The robes were heavy and yanked her down with each step she took. The sun was also beating onto her, small beads of sweat gathering upon her forehead. She didn't voice any discomfort or pain, even if it was reflected in her eyes.

By the time they reached the top of the staircase, Jennie was ready to take a nap. But her racing heart like thunder in the sky, furiously kept her wide awake.

"Oh my," she breathed out.

Jennie didn't think these many people were present inside of the church. Every influential member of society was present, from the Prime Minister to governors and delegations from other nations.

Everyone rose at the sight of the King and Queen, their eyes slightly lowered but also observing them. The music was low and rhythmic, but majestic like a hero walking through an empty battlefield.

The music ended and was replaced with dead silence in the air.

"Breathe," Lisa muttered whilst continuing to glance at her. He squeezed her hand in reassurance, knowing she'd have to walk the carpets alone. A seat was already prepared for him to overlook the entire proceedings. His throne was seated upon a raised platform, and he had to trudge there soon.

"I will," she quietly said.

Lisa deemed it a satisfying answer. He nodded his head and slowly released her hand. He captured her gaze deeply for the final time and smiled a bit.

Wordlessly, he proceeded down the deep, royal red carpets with every single pair of eyes distracted by him.

Once the King took his seat on his rightful throne, it was time for Jennie to begin her walk. Everyone knew that, for their gaze instantly traveled back to the lone woman.

Jennie drew in a slow, steady breath of air and cleared her mind. She raised her head and set her gaze forward. As the music tempo slightly raised in anticipation, she began her walk.

Jennie strutted carefully. Each step was powerful and impactful as the next, showing little hesitation or rush. It was the perfect tempo that matched the music perfectly.

The archbishop was waiting in the center of the path to the throne. Presented with him were his trusted people, each baring important instruments for the coronation.

Jennie came to an appropriate stop before the archbishop. The archbishop was a solemn-faced man, with wrinkled skin, but hair was white as snow. Sun marks peppered his face, softening it slightly. Crows feet were seen besides his eyes, indicating he often wore a smile.